10

IT IS Christmas morning. They were having coffee at the hotel's restaurant. There were only a few guests since it is already past breakfast hours and most of the guest had a late night.

"Do you think your siblings like me?" She looked at Aura, puzzled by her questions. "They were glancing at me last night. They thought I wasn't looking."

"Babe." She grabbed her hand that was on the table.

"Did they like your previous boyfriends? I know that ours wasn't conventional."

"I had never brought someone at home except friends."

"Really?" She smiled at her. Aura's face lightened up. "Should I give them something so they would like me?"

"No. Don't worry about them. The kids love you."

Aura laughed. "I'm adorable." She laughed, too. Their conversation was cut short someone approached their table.

"Alexie?"

"Pam?" She also uttered in surprised.

"Oh my! It's really you."

Pam hugged her and she smiled at her old friend's excitement.

Pam was her friend in high school. They were classmates and almost do everything together. They got separated when they went to different university in college.

"How are you? Lalo kang gumanda."

"I am good. Thank you."

"I'm very happy you're back. You and Oscar might be destined to be together. He's still single." She said eagerly. "Wait, you're still single right?"

She smiled at Pam. Before she could utter a word, she reached for her hand and takes a closer look at the ring sitting on her finger.

"Who's the lucky guy? He's loaded."

"She is." She countered back and point at her girlfriend who is looking at them with smile.

Pam immediately looked at Aura. Her jaw almost hit the floor when she saw her fiancée.

"Hi. My name is Aura and I'm the lucky fiancée." She reached for her hand.

Pam shook her hand, mesmerized by her beauty.

"You have beautiful eyes."

"Thank you."

Pam faced her again. "Where did you find her? Ang ganda ng mata!"

She just smiled. Aura's eyes are indeed very appealing.

"By the way, did you know that today is Shawn younger sister's wedding?"

She shook her head. She also noticed that Aura suddenly sat straighter upon hearing her ex's name.

"I just came from the reception. I just answered my husband's call."

She became aware of Pam's attire. She looked good in her dark blue short-sleeved knee length dress.

"Come on, let's crash the wedding."

Her old friend pulled her hand to stand. Pam's eyes widen when Aura also stand.

"You're tall. My goodness!" We both chuckled.

Good thing they were both wearing a not-too casual clothes. She's in her skinny jeans partnered with polka dot button-up blouse while Aura is also in her skinny jeans and white sheer-collared bloused tucked in front.

Pam guided them towards the social hall. A few people were scattered around the area when they entered the reception. She was also aware that her girlfriend took her other hand the moment they step in the function hall.

"Hey, guys! Look who I found."

=================

Aura's POV

SHE glanced at her girlfriend when they stop at a certain table. She had on the smile of hers where her shallow dimple showed.

All six of the people sitting at that table looked at them when Pam announced their arrival. All of them were surprised to see Alexie.

After a few greetings, the attention was on me.

"Guys, this is Aura, my fiancée."

They were taken aback with her girlfriend's declaration. She put her hand at the small of her back to show her support. They exchange knowing smile before looking back at them.

"Oscar, move on." She heard Pam teasing a guy sitting nearby. They just laugh at her though the guy blushes a little.

She also noticed one guy from the same table looking at Alexie intently. Their eyes met. She sense anger in him while looking at them. She did not look away.

"Babe." She blinked her eyes before looking down at Alexie. "Everything alright?"

"Of course." She kissed her temple. "Are these your friends?"

She nodded. "We indeed crashed a wedding, De Vos."

She chuckled. She saw her girlfriend's flush face before leaning toward her.