3

A month later

AFTER hearing the knocks for the third time, Alexie forced herself to get up from her bed. She can still feel the exhaustion from her trip.

She opened her main door without looking at the peephole. She was surprise to find Aura.

"What are you doing here? How did you find my place?"

Instead of answering her, she grabbed her arm and pulled her inside the apartment. Aura closed the door and lean on it. She crossed her arms and glared at her.

"First, you didn't even bother to find who's outside the door before you open it. Second, do you know what you are wearing?"

Without replying, she looked at herself. She gulped. Not really indecent but her clothes are for behind doors. She had on her racer back top and very short cotton shorts.

She crosses her arms above her breasts. She also realized that she is not wearing a brassiere. She tried to look at her in the eyes in defiance.

She looked away in second. "What are you doing here, anyway?"

Aura took a deep sigh. She felt her arms around her. Surprised with the gesture, she tried to push her away but her embrace tightened.

"I miss you." She kissed her temple and strokes her back as she embraces her. "Did you just arrive?"

She nodded. "Tired?" She nodded again.

She yelped in surprise when Aura carried her bridal style. "What are you doing?!"

"I'll carry you to bed."

She did not bother to respond. Aura took her to the only room in the apartment that she was not able to close the door in haste a while ago. She lay her down and pulled her blanket up to her stomach.

She watched Aura in silence while she's removing her shoes. Her eyes followed until she lay down beside her. She gathered her in her arms.

"Goodnight, Mrs. De Vos." It was followed by a kiss on top of her head. "No comebacks?"

She shakes her head. "Too tired for a fight. You'll do what you want, anyway."

She was about to close her eyes when she felt her giggle. "Sweet dreams, babe."

She was pulled in oblivion before she could answer back.

===============================================

"MAGANDA ka pa sa umaga, Miss Alex!"

That was the greeting that she received from her staff when she arrived that morning in Sweet Surrender. It was 10 AM.

"Good morning! I miss everyone. I brought pasalubong!" She replies back in glee as she showed everyone the paper bag in her hand.

"Ooh, thank you." Cheered by almost every staff.

They could freely do that since there was no customer at the moment.

"How's the new manager, Miss Alex?" Asked Leila.

"He's good. He had a problem with a few things especially with the documentation. I had to teach him. It was the reason why my stay was extended."

"I thought you will be transferred to Seoul."

"You will be the manager then." She teases Leila since she is the assistant manager here in KL, Malaysia.

"I'm happy with my current position, Miss Alex. I want this team intact." Leila said with a pout.

She taps her shoulder. "Sooner or later, you will be the manager of this branch. You deserve it."

"Are you leaving, Miss Alex?" Asked the barista.

She just smiled. "Let's get back to work everyone."

"By the way, Miss Alex, Miss Aura was here almost every day. She was looking for you." She faced Leila. "I told her that you were in a business trip and the day of your arrival her in KL."

"She had it bad, Miss Alex." The barista also added.

"I had it really bad, Miss Alex. What are you going to do about it?"

The three of them look at the new comer. They did not notice when she enter the coffee shop.

"Magandang umaga, Miss Aura!" Leila greeted.

"Magandang umaga." She greeted back before winking at her.

She just looks at her.

When she woke up this morning, Aura was not there anymore. The only trace that she was there was the take away breakfast she found in the counter top in the kitchen.

"What can get I you, Miss Aura?"

"Black Americano and blueberry cheese cake. Dine in."

Aura gave Leila a few bills before her staff could say her due. "Can I have a few minutes, Lex?"

She nods. "Please find your table. I'll bring your order then we can talk.

"Thanks, babe." Aura grins before leaving.

She received a few tease from her staff after that. She just laughed at their antics.

Aura settled in a corner where there is a couple of couch seat. She brought her order and put those at the table beside her laptop.

"Thank you." Aura said as she looks up. "Please have a sit."

She settled at the opposite couch. She faced her.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there when you woke up. There was an emergency."

"It's okay."

"Can we have dinner later?"

"Aura-------"

"Babe, I won't hurt you. Whoever that bastard, I'm not like that. Please give me a chance to prove myself." She said almost begging.

Aura held her hand with hers. "I'm serious about this. I'm done fooling around. Hell, I never fool around. I really like you."

"Aura----"

"Babe, please. I was never this crazy my whole life."

She bowed her head and pulled her hand to her lips and kissed it. She was surprised with the gesture.

She cleared her throat. Aura look up but her lips is still touching the back of her palm. "Actually, I was about to inform you to pick me up at 9 PM later."

She stared at her, her mouth almost ajar. Surprise is all over her face.

"W-what?"

She stands and removed her hand from her hold.

"See you later, De Vos."