"About what?" I inquired. "You're going to have to be more specific."

Sitting up, Amira's hair hung down her face as she answered. "I mean it's clear the illness is some kind of attack on our pack, but Alpha Wade has not said a word."

"To be fair, he's never made an announcement during his entire time as Alpha."

"Yeah." She nodded her head before sighing dramatically. "But we've never had anything like this happen before. You should convince him to do something."

"Me?" I half laughed, half choked. "Why me? I'm the last person on this Earth that could convince him of anything."

"You're his—"

"Sh," I scolded Amira. "Don't say it out loud. You never know who's listening."

She playfully rolled her eyes and proceeded to mind link me, You're his mate.

I glared at Amira, crossing my arms over my chest. "He doesn't seem to care."

"Make him care," she responded with a sly smile. "But from what you told me earlier, I do think he cares."

"You can't be serious," I deadpanned. "He didn't want me to interact with someone who was sick. I hardly think that is a declaration of his—"

"Violet, it's a start. Didn't you say he thought you were here to bring down Bluestrike? If he still thought that way, why would he protect you?" She asked, a smug grin on her face.

"Okay, say you're right—which I'm not saying you are but hypothetically—how am I supposed to do that when he's never even around?"

"You're going to have to get creative." She shrugged her shoulders. "I believe in you as best as someone who met you a couple of days ago could."

"How reassuring," I said, picking myself up from the oddly shaped chair I had been seated in.

The entire lounge area had been decorated in weirdly shaped objects and heinous colors. If too much time was spent in the room, it could easily become overstimulating with the vibrant yellows, oranges, and greens that surrounded each and every wall.

While I did not blame Amira for her train of thought, it wasn't as simple as she was making it out to be. When I first met Alpha Wade, I told him something similar. But I had said it in the heat of the moment, and he clearly hadn't listened to me then.

After all his recent antics, I was sure he especially would not listen to me now.

"Where are you going?" Amira asked.

"I've got class," I reasoned.

"Saved by the bell." She waved goodbye.

Shaking my head, I pushed down my annoyance. I had not known Amira long, but her words had gotten to me. I didn't know if she had been right: if I would be capable of bringing some sense to Alpha Wade, but I didn't feel like it was her place to advise me so.

At the heart of it all, I wanted my best friend, Olivia. I longed to vent to her, lay out the events of the past days, and not have to worry about her trying to propel me in the direction of taking action toward Alpha Wade.

Why did it all hang on my shoulders?

Sighing, I ran a hand through my hair as I made a quick stop at my dorm room to pick up my backpack before heading to class. I first had a combat class before my Training 101 class later in the day.

Briefly, as I arrived for my combat course just in time, Beta Finn demonstrated the proper punching technique. He had not left enough time for questions before he left us all to practice on our own.