Chapter 1: The Beach

“Ross get up!" A small brunette yelled while jumping on Ross's bed while he was sleeping.

“Five more minutes, Laur." Ross whines while putting a pillow over his head.

“No! You promised me to go to the beach! So get up!" Laura said while still jumping on his bed.

“It's 7:00 in the morning!" Ross protested and Laura just kept jumping.

Then Ross grabs Laura's waist and pushes her down making her fall on top of him.

“Get up, sleepy head." Laura said opening his eyes with her hands.

“Laur, I love you, but if you ever wake me up at seven in the morning I swear I'll kill you." Ross said with his eyes closed.

“Ha-ha! Now get up!" Laura demanded.

“I would if you get off on top of me." Ross smirked as Laura blushed a bit.

Ross got up and went to the bathroom to get change into his swimsuit. Laura just stayed on Ross's bed waiting.

“Okay I'm all set." Ross said. He had on his hot pink swim shorts.

“Okay let's go!" Laura said grabbing Ross's hand dragging him downstairs.

Going to the beach was easy because Ross lived in front if the beach. Basically the beach was his backyard. While Laura would live a few houses away from him that was a little further from the beach.

When they got there the beach was quiet with almost no one there. This was more of a privet beach. They went to the spot they would always sit which was under a small tree that didn't at all covered them. They put a towel and Laura sat on it taking out a book.

“What is that?" Ross asked looking at the book.

“Its a book. You've heard of them, right?" Laura teased.

“No, the question is: Why do you have a book when you're at the perfect place to have fun?" Ross asked putting on his sun glasses.

“Because its relaxing. I'm not like you. I don't sit around checking out girls." Laura smirked.

“Hey! That is a part time job." Ross joked as Laura smiled and went back to her book.

“Give me that!" Ross grabbed the the book away from Laura.

“Hey!" Laura exclaimed trying to get her book. Ross grabbed her by the waist so she couldn't move and in his other hand he held the book up high.

“Give me." Laura tried to take Ross's hand off her waist.

“Nope." Ross laughed. Somehow Ross ended up on top of Laura with the book still on his hand.

“Ill give to you on one condition..." Ross started.

“I make no promises." Laura said.

“I will give it to you if... you say I'm sexy?" That came of more as a question.

“Not a chance." Laura laughed.

“Okay if you... don't read another book for the rest of the month." Ross finally got it.

“No! Nu-uh! Not a chance!" Laura said seriously.

“Then what do I have to do to make you not read more books?" Ross asked. They both didn't really noticed that Ross was on top of her.

“Nothing." Laura said softly. Then Ross finally got off her and she went back to her book.

“I can't believe I have a nerd as a best friend." Ross jokes putting on his sunglasses again.

“Well believe it! And admit you love the nerd so you're screwed." Laura joked again.

“Yep, I love the nerd." Ross smirked.

“And I can't believe I have a player and a jock as a best friend." Laura said in a mocking way.

“Well believe it!" Ross mocked. “And admit it: You love the jock and you can't live without him." Ross teased.

“Yeah right, I love the player." Laura said sarcastically.

“I'm gonna go for a dip."  Ross said standing up and running towards the water. Laura just stayed laying down on the towel returning to her book.

After a while Ross walked back to Laura. He just smirked the way she was sitting down and had her glasses on while reading her book. She looked adorable.

“The water's great!" Ross said splashing some water that he had his fingers on her.

“I'm going in a few." Laura said with out taking her eyes off the book.

“Come on take you're eyes off it for a while." Ross said. Then he decided to sit down and have Laura in between his legs.

“I'll go in a minute." Laura said. Then she noticed something on Ross's leg.

“What is that? Is it a tattoo?" Laura pointed at the symbol he had on it.

“No its a temporary one. I was just goofing off one day. Its a ‘yin-yang'  symbol. It means ‘a perfect union of opposites'." Ross says as Laura leans down her back in his chest.

“It means wear some socks." Laura jokes as Ross laughs.

“Can you believe in two weeks school starts?" Ross asked incredulous.

“Yes!! I'm so excited." Laura exclaims.

“That's it! I'm breaking our friendship." Ross jokes as Laura laughs.

“Hey, have you heard from Maia?" Laura asked.

“Nope. Last time I checked. She was yelling at me over a text message." Ross says while playing with Laura's hair.

“But, why?" Laura asked curiously.

“Because I told her that I was hanging out with you." Ross smirk end and Laura's smile fades.

“Ross, I don't want to be the problems of your relationships. This has happened before. And I'm sick of you having a broken heart because of me." Laura says as Ross wraps his arms around her.

“Laura, I don't want you to feel guilty for that because you're not. If a girl can't accept the fact that I have you as a best friend in my life then the hell with them." Ross says as Laura smiles.

“You really are the perfect best friend I have." Laura said sloping his cheek playfully.

“Remember this: I only have three woman in my life that I really love: mom, Rydel and you." Ross said in a teasing way.

“Thanks, Ross. But still you have to talk to Maia." Laura said.

“I know I do. Maybe I'll do it when school starts." Ross says.

“What time is it?" Laura asked.

“Uh... 5:00 pm. Why?" Ross asked.

“How about after we leave we go to your house and watch movies?" Laura asked.

“Fine, by me. As long there's popcorn: I'm fine with it." Ross joked.

They stayed there for a while. Laura eventually got in the water. In other words: Ross made her. They just had fun splashing each other and having fun.