Chapter 6: Figuring out golden finger

Start from the beginning

Since his mother, against his will, had taken him to Xie Tao's house several times, Lu Yuan had felt that he had changed from a valuable son to a slave.

His family was a model of a strict father and a mother. In Lu Yuan's eyes, his mother was much stricter than the school principal. But when facing Xie Tao, his mother somehow became the gentle mother of Lu Yuan's childhood dreams.

Especially after Xie Tao's parents moved to another province for work reasons, and Xie Tao was left alone to continue studying the capital. Lu Yuan's mother had been even more concerned about Xie Tao. She often told Lu Yuan that it was important that he made sure to help the other and take care of him, Lu Yuan therefore often stayed at home during the holidays and visited him.

In the beginning, Lu Yuan had envied and hated him. However, although he didn't know exactly when, but somewhere during these years of constant contact he had stopped hating him and instead grown fond of him, basically seeing him as a younger brother.

"En, when you go home, thank aunt Lin for me and tell her that I wish that she is well." Xie Tao was very grateful to Lu Yuan's family. Although he had no difficulty in living alone, there are no other people around him that seem to care so much about him as they did. They therefore were a very special existence for him.

Lu Yuan nodded, and then put a bag in the hands of Xie Tao, "The photos taken last night, I developed them."

Lu Yuan turned around and took a step away but then stopped and turned back.

"If you live alone, you should be more careful, don't make me worry all the time." Lu Yuan had unconsciously repeated his mother nagging without knowing. "I still have something to do, I have to go, so in short, don't mess around."

Xie Tao nodded however Lu Yuan still stood there with a concerned look. Ultimately he had to repeatedly guarantee and promise to be good, before Lu Yuan felt satisfied enough to leave.

Xie Tao gave a small helpless laughed as he watched Lu Yuan's back leave, the then became serious as he turned around and faced his own messy yard.

"Hm.."

He fell into thoughts.

First of all, Xie Tao did not think that what he had experienced before was just a dream. This was because his whole yard was basically proof that it happened. But somehow the loud bang and the vibrations from the meteor's impact did not seem to have reached his neighbors.

The loud noise at that time had made Xie Tao feel like his ears would be permanently damaged and if there suddenly was such a loud bang in the residential area, as well as the violent vibrations. News about the event would obviously spread fast however, from the reaction of Lu Yuan, it seemed that the outside was calm.

This meant that...?

Xie Tao thought about the crash and could only come up with one possibility, the golden ball of light must have set up some sort of barrier to shield the outside from what was happening inside, and at the same time shield the inside from any disturbances.

At this point, his mind was already rushed with hundreds of speculations. But knowing that the chaos wouldn't get him anything, he calmed himself down and instead focused on the two important point that he knew was real, he then built from there.

1. Just create a link

This "link" should refer to a link between the two worlds. Thinking back to what happened when he connected last time, Xie Tao temporarily associated it with dreaming.

Basically, Xie Tao believed that if he was to go to sleep now, he would be able to connect and wake up in the other world.