XXXVI {At Home}

{Courtney's POV}
{Next day}

I'm crying my eyes out in my room. Shawn had to go to school, and I'm happy with that. Not only do I need some time alone, but he should focus more on his future, he can't always live from the money of his parents.

Anyway, Karen just gave me a letter, from my dad. He wrote that he's fine, and that he misses me, and that he can't wait until he can go. And.. And I miss him so much!

Courtney, stop making yourself so weak! Do you think that your dad would like it to see you like this mess!?

N..no, but...

No but! He would want you to move on!

That's kinda true. I guess.

I wipe my tears away and look at the letter. I look around and grab the first piece of paper I see. I need to write to him about what happened.

Not only about Diana, but also about Shawn.

As I quickly go over the paper with my pencil, someone knocks on the door.

"Courtney? It's me Karen", but I don't answer her.

"Listen, I understand that you need some time alone, but please, let me in", she says it on a sweet but demanding way.

With a lot of effort I get up from my bed and shuffle towards the door. I open him a little bit and see an understanding face.

"You need to eat something", she says as she pushes the door fully open, "you already skipped breakfast and it's noon. I want you to be healthy, you know", she laughs and I weakly smile.

"So, are you coming?", she asks.

"I first want to finish a letter", I say with a broken voice, "then I'll come."

"That's good", she smiles, "I'll see you downstairs."

I go back to my bed and look at what I already have.

Dear dad,

It's a hell without you here. Guess what. The guy that you killed accidentally, was the brother of one of those rich bitches. So now she blames me for everything. But it's okay, don't worry! Shawn keeps defending me, and I know that I can trust him.
You know, talking about Shawn, I'm gonna be honest, I think I'm catching feelings for him. I'm not really sure, but, okay don't get mad at me for what I'm going to say, but it happened already sometimes that we were on the point of kissing, but I always am the one who takes some steps back. But yesterday we were at the ice rink, and we almost kissed. The thing is, my head didn't told me to run away, like the previous occasions, no, he told me to kiss him! But this time, he was the one who took some steps back. And I don't know it anymore! I'm so confused!