Ch. 2 It All Began

"Boruto ... please stop causing trouble for Iruka-sensei. Go home and we'll talk abo-" The blond threw the bucket of paint towards the taller blond, a hard glare pointed at his father, his azure eyes turning into an icy blue. Naruto tried to dodge the bucket but it ended up hitting the chair he was sitting on, and bouncing to the back of his head. He winced in pain, rubbing the spot on his head that was hit, before looking back at the 8 year old with tired eyes.

"Just leave me alone! I'm not some stupid kid anymore! You're never there anymore so why don't you do me a favor and just disappear from my life!" Not bothering to see the heartbroken expression from his father or Iruka who had been babysitting him, he turned and ran towards his house, not bothering to lock his door as he slammed it shut.

"Stupid oyaji! I don't need him! He never does anything for me so why should I listen to him!" Sighing he threw himself onto his bed, his ears picking up the sound of the entrance door shutting.

"Why'd he even marry mom if he's never around? He doesn't deserve her, she should have married someone cool like Kiba-oji. At least he would be there for her." Whenever his mother spoke of his father, she always said that he was a proud failure. He was someone she looked up to because no matter what anyone said he would always get back up, something she could never do.

"Proud failure. That's all he was and ever will be. Just a failure of a father and hokage." His eyes felt droopy as he stared at the ceiling, not bothering to sense the chakra on the other side of the door.

Naruto was about to enter the room when his ears picked up Boruto's words.

"...just a failure of a father and hokage." He bit his lips as the words jabbed at his heart. He tried. He really truly tried to be there but with the overwhelming paperwork and missions and just everything for the village and many other villages it...

He sighed.

...it was becoming too much for him to handle all at once. He was not only a bad father to his son...but did others believe he was also a bad hokage?

"N-Naruto-kun..." He glanced at his wife, who had a worried look on her face as his hand fell to his side. He turned around with a shake of his head before walking up to Hinata.

"We should talk to him after he cools down."

"N-No...this is just a phase. He's just like Neji-niisan, he'll come to understand." Naruto wasn't too sure about that. While Neji had some reason for the way he acted, Boruto simply didn't understand that many things would be different. He really should talk to him before it gets worse.

"I'll take care of him...y-you should go to work before Shikamaru-kun comes and drags you by the ear." Naruto nodded before giving the shorter woman a kiss on her temple.

"I'll be back later. See ya." He quickly let the house, a headache forming as he jumped from roof to roof. So much paper work in so little time.

"Am I doing something wrong?"