"Head warrior Conrad and company; Prince Mirulan and company. Grant us entry," Conrad stopped and spoke into the darkness. It went silent for a couple minutes until a sudden rumbling began.

Small streams of light started to appear before it all eventually joined together to reveal a beautiful city...and two anxious people.

Mirulan recognised them instantly, jumping off his horse and running them, not waiting.

"Mother! Father!" He yelled as he hugged them, the lady broke down in tears, collapsing to the floor, the man had a couple tears falling down his face but he stayed stood. Everyone else jumped off their horses, Laron and Vanes joined the lady on the floor, Castiel and Samuli stood behind them. Me, Karla and Legolas didn't know what to do. We just sat on our horses awkwardly.

The soldiers all jumped off their horses and were kneeling down, until the separated allowing a passageway that I lead myself, Karla and Legolas down. We jumped off our horses and Legolas fell to one knee, his right hand crossed over his chest to his left shoulder.

I shared a confused look with Karla before we both jumped down and stepped in front of the two old elves. They stopped talking to the others, the woman stood up and the man stood next to her. The both walked towards us.

"y/n. Karla. Na- i cin? Mín meld hîn? (y/n... Karla... is that you? Our dear children?)" the man spoke, reaching out before quickly pulling away.
Both me and Karla bowed in a synchronised manor.

"Hello, my name is Karla. I'm sure you would recognise me as the youngest child," Karla introduced herself really formally. I sighed.

"My name is y/n, student to Gandalf the Grey, Lord Thranduil and Lord Elrond. Plus their adoptive family," I introduce myself as w/n sat under my bowing figure, blocking my vision to the floor, "oh, and this is w/n."

He yapped happily, his tail wagging on the ground.

"Please don't bow," the woman said, her voice shaking. Me and Karla looked at each other out of the corner of our eye before nodding and returning to our normal stances. I looked at the two elves.

The man looked around the same age as Thranduil, he had short pure white hair and soft green eyes. He wore a red tunic that had a belt around his waist, a sword stuck to his side.

The woman was about the same but had long white hair with little streaks of blonde in, her eyes were chestnut brown. She wore a similar tunic but it was green and had the belt but instead of a sword she had a bow and quiver slung over her shoulder. Both wore boots like mine.

Suddenly I felt the edge of a cold surface rest against my throat. Everyone gasped and Legolas stood up, bow pulled out, arrow ready to shoot.

I put my hand up, making him point the bow to the ground, releasing the tense string so the arrow just rested in his hand.

"Hello, you must sense something in me to be brave enough to attack me in front of these old elves," I say, wearing my emotionless face again and dropped the daggers on the arms down my sleeves.

"You're filled with darkness, you should not be here," the voice was Male, he whispered into my ear.

"Maybe. Maybe not, but you have nothing to prove I would harm you," I say not moving as I feel the dagger dig a bit deeper into my throat. I felt as a small stream of blood fall down my neck and stop in my collar bone.

He hesitated for a moment, causing me to 'tut' at him.

"You dropped your guard," I whisper before dropping the daggers into my hands and quickly knocking him to the ground so I was sat on his shoulder blades, two daggers crossed at his neck. He resisted at first before giving up.

"Get off me," he hissed, I jumped up and pulled him up after me.

"Hello, Azreal," I greet the dirty blonde haired boy.

"You remember me, after all these years?" He asked, dusting himself down.

"Of course, I would remember anyone who stayed in my home and then wrecked the place by bringing his enemies inside," I sigh picking up his dagger and passing it to him, he put it back into its place on his leg.

"Well you know, an enemy is an enemy," he sighed before turning and bowing towards the others, "I apologise for the disturbance, I just arrived back and I saw an old acquaintance of mine. I couldn't resist greeting her."

I snorted back a laugh as he ran into the city.

"Anyway," I turn my attention back to the elves in front of me, "I'm going to cut to the chase, you're the king and Queen are you not?"

They nod.

"That means you're my mother and father, ok. I've met you, now I can leave," I was already bored. I turned around but Legolas grabbed me.

"You can't just say hello and leave," he whispered in my ear. I sighed and looked up at his frowning face. I smirked mischievously and pinched his cheeks, pulling them outwards before turning back to the people in front of me.

"We are your... family?" The man confirmed it, but it seemed more as a question. It went silent and we all just stared at each other. A wall of tension building between me and everyone else.

"Ok!" Mirulan clapped his hands once awkwardly then walked behind me, squeezing my shoulders and pushing me forward a bit.

"This is y/n, she's the twin that almost died that day. She grew up alone," he said ashamed.

"What do you mean she grew up alone?" The woman asked, outraged, grabbing Samuli by his ear and pulling him down. Him complaining about the pain.

"We went to get Karla but ended up getting caught! Believe me, mother!" He exclaimed as he tried to release her grip. She let go and then quickly hugged me, I didn't hug back. I just stood in her hug, hands by my side, frowning. I hated this already.