Chapter 7-Guardian Angel

Word Count: 1753

Dawn Turner

"You're an angel?"

"Yes, I was sent here to protect you." His voice was enchanting. It sent chills all over my body. Sparks were flying in my brain trying to make sense of what I was seeing.

I remained still. My eyes were silently begging for explanation from the angel in front of me. "I...uh..." I tried to speak but I couldn't will my lips to move. It was as if I was drowning under water, unable to call for help, unable to breath.

"Are you okay?" He gently placed his arm on my shoulder and looked at me with concern.

The angel's hands tightened around my shoulder when I didn't reply and he closed his eyes again. I couldn't tell what he was doing to me but it was working because I suddenly wasn't scared anymore. I felt all the stress and fear that was consuming me swim slowly through my body and then disappear. "What are you doing?" My voice came out lower than intended yet it was still able to break the silence around us.

"Pardon me; I was only trying to calm you down. It's a normal reaction to feel tense and shocked when looking in the face of an actual angel but I genuinely do not mean to harm you, I am only here to help you." He spoke in a soothing tone and maybe it's his angelic aura but I just knew I could trust him.

There was no doubt in my mind that he was an angel. Every time he spoke or even glanced at me, I felt like I was safe and protected. I guess it comes with being an angel.

At this point, I was not afraid anymore. I was just curious.

"You're here to help me? But, why me?" I straightened my back and stood straight. Is Alexander tormenting me the reason why I was sent a literal angel to protect me?

Is it even allowed for angels to show themselves to humans?

"I am not just any angel, Dawn Turner. I am your guardian angel." My jaw dropped. Guardian angel? They exist?

Well after finding out about the existence of fallen angels, this didn't really come out as a big shock to me. I was still surprised to hear that there really was someone looking out for me my whole life.

"So you can help me? Against him?" My voice came out more desperate than I had hoped but at that moment, I didn't care. I was desperate.

"I can only help you to a certain extent." He paused when he saw me furrow my brow in confusion. I motioned for him to continue. "You see, being an angel also means having other heavenly duties to attend to as well as protecting you and many others so I will not be able to watch over you 24/7. Not to mention, it's not really an easy and quick trip from heaven to earth, if you get what I mean." He warned me and I nodded with understanding. I don't know how many angels there are but I know there are a lot of people on earth that need protection. "I will, however, provide you with few ways to distract him until I can get to you if you need help and I'm not there." I nodded at him and sighed with relief.

"Is there a way to destroy him? Forever?" I was more than eager to get rid of that stupid fallen angel with his stupid abilities before he got rid of me.

"You shouldn't get too excited for what's to come. The things I will tell you now will help you defend yourself from him temporarily until I can get to you but it would take much more than simple defense techniques to get rid of a fallen angel as powerful as him." The expression on his face suddenly got very serious and I automatically found myself nodding to everything he was saying.