Chapter 33: Bright Colors

Start from the beginning

I chuckled and pushed him to the side playfully. "Shut up." I said and he grinned at me.

"Not quite happening, really. Because whenever I'm with you, I just can't seem to stop talking." He winked at me and I laughed.

"Uh-huh, okay." I replied and it was his turn to laugh.

"Come on, I want to show you something." He said as he dragged me further down the shore. We reached a cabin like on the furthest side of the beach with lights everywhere and lanterns lined up on each side, forming a pathway.

"Wow." I said. "This is amazing, Chase."

He grinned and his eyes lit up brightly like the lights surrounding the place. "Really?" He asked with a hopeful expression.

I laughed softly. "Yes, really."

"Well, I'm glad that you think it is." He replied quietly with a trace of smile on his lips.

Seriously, I can't believe he exerted this much effort for just one confession that might be the sole reason for his happiness, or his sadness. Is he really willing to risk everything—even his feelings—for that one girl that might not even be worth it in the end? He said that he'll take every chance he can get, but will he really? I mean, judging by all the things he's done, I think he definitely will.

Walking behind me, he whispered, "Let's go inside."

He guided me through the pathway he made, and slowly opened the door when we reached in front of it. He stepped aside and gestured inside using his left hand. I peeked inside and a small trace of light illuminated around the room, making it fairly dim inside. I turned to look at him and he gave me a genuine smile.

I haven't seen that smile for a long time.

I walked inside slowly and the small trace of light turned bright, making everything in the room visible. There are heartstrings hanging on the ceiling, and a lot of heart shaped designs surrounded the room. A slow smile reached my lips and I looked around in wonder.

"Chase. . ." I trailed off, not knowing what to say anymore. He just keeps rendering me speechless.

He gave me a grin. "No need to say anything. Come."

He made me follow him further down the room, until we reached the end of it and I saw a bunch of picture of us formed in what looked like a face of us both.

"You did this?" I asked and he nodded his head enthusiastically.

Woah, really? I'm pretty sure it took him awhile to make this. I mean, look at it! This is amazing! Beyond amazing, in fact.

I walked closer to it and ran my fingers through the photos. My eyes skimmed each and every one, until I landed on one certain photo that empowered my interest. A smile formed on my lips as I watched it intently.

It was when we were having a play on school and Paige took a picture of us on stage. I was Juliet during that time, while Chase? Yeah, his role was a tree. It was hilarious, seriously. I mean, it's not everyday you get to see Mr. Hot Shot get a tree as a role on a play.

I laughed. "I seriously can't forget this day. What a fun day it was."

He scowled, but you can still see the humor radiate in his eyes. "Shut up."

"Your role was a tree, oh my gosh!" I laughed again.

"Yes, but a sexy tree." He winked at me and I burst out laughing some more.

"Whatever, think what you want think." I replied and returned my attention to the photos in front of me.

"Come, I want to show you something else." He said as he dragged me out of the cabin and towards the shore.

We just stood there, staring at the dark night sky in front of us. The stars twinkled at the sky and the moon is shining brightly in front of us.

"What are we looking at, really?" I asked and he grinned at me.

"Wait for it." He replied.

After a while, bright colors surrounded the peaceful, night sky. It glowed and glowed and it didn't stop popping in the sky.

"This is amazing, seriously." I said and he chuckled.

"There's more." He said softly.

It stopped all of a sudden, but after awhile, a bunch of it appeared on the sky again. But this time, I was surprised on what was with it.

Because on bright, colorful colors wrote on the sky:

'Amber Lee, will you make me the happiest man alive and be my girlfriend?'

***

Heeyyy, I'm so sorry it took awhile for me to update, I was just so busy with school. It's such an ass, seriously. So yeah, that's it.

And oh, this book is also like, really close to its end. There's only two more chapters left plus an epilogue, and TDB is officially over. Omg, I'm not ready to say goodbye to Chase and Amber yet :(

Anyway, I love you guys! <3

Lots of love,

Lu xx