Chapter 30: The Truth - Part 2

To say that this time of my life is a complete complication would be the biggest understatement of the century. I don't think I'm even ready for this to happen right now, let alone what to say to the people that I have been for two years and counting—hopefully. My God, this is all Mom's fault. Why did she have to make me go and live in Canberra and make me put on a disguise that seems less than mandatory?

As I look at them with wide eyes, I can feel the thumping of my heart getting louder each passing second. I can feel their eyes scrutinizing me as Aiden, Zyljan and Austin regarded me with mirth, obviously not knowing what to say to any of them too. I don't think there would ever come a time where I can see the three of them rendered speechless for so long and something so much as a situation like this.

I just stared at them for the longest time before I finally opened my mouth, my voice sounding foreign to my own ears. "Uh. . ." I trailed off.

Shit, why did they come here unannounced? Ugh, fuck my life.

"Well?" Stacy asked, her eyes narrowed at me.

I gulped. "I haven't been exactly that honest with you guys."

Way to state the obvious, Amber. I glared inwardly at my inner conscience.

They rolled their eyes. "I think we gathered that much." Sophie replied.

"Right. . ." I trailed off. Again.

They narrowed their eyes at me and I sighed. How the hell am I going to explain it to them without looking like an idiot?

"Take a seat first." I said. They raised an eyebrow at me, making me sigh on my place. I don't think I've ever met people who are aren't that too happy about someone telling them what do more than them.

Some stubborn people I hang out with. "Please." I added and they obliged—thankfully. I cleared my throat

"So um, here's the deal." I shifted uncomfortably. "I'm Amber Lee."

They looked at me in confusion and I sighed before taking off my disguise. I could hear their gasps when they saw and that's when the guilt instantly consumed me. I'm a horrible friend.

"Tada." I said flatly and they gaped at me.

"Okay, what the hell?" Hannah asked and panic instantly surged through me.

"Let me explain! Oh God, just don't leave!" I said hastily and I could actually see mirth clearly palpable in their eyes. I eyed them with confusion, not being able to understand why they are looking at me like that. They are so weird.

"We weren't planning to leave. Actually, we're not leaving this place without your explanation." Stacy said with a smirk and I sighed in relief, ignoring the looks of humor Aiden, Zyljan and Austin are throwing my way. Well, they're obviously out of the shock they were previously in, considering how they're already trying to make fun of me.

"Go on." Sophie said.

And so I did. From the day Mom told me to pack my things, to the day until now. It feels like I'm telling them the whole story instead of explaining it to them, but I don't really care. At least now, I don't have to explain to my brothers and Austin what really went between Xander, Megan and I. And judging by the look on Austin's face, I'm pretty sure he doesn't know what really happened.

"What?" Austin exclaimed.

"Calm down." I muttered silently, as all of them looked at me, mouths hanging agape.

"Seriously, Xander and Megan did that you?" Aiden asked and I nodded my head.

"I'm so sorry I didn't believe you. Oh God, now I feel so stupid." He said and I just laughed.