Chapter 19: Fake Dating?

We are already on our way home, and it's already half past five. All we've ever done is stay in the tree house for at least two hours or so, and went down to go to other places. But, of course, Chase was still dragging me, being the stubborn girl that I am.

"What do you think would the news be about us tonight? Considering the paparazzi took a couple of pictures of us." I said while he just shrugged, still holding my hand.

"I'm not sure, but I'm sure it would be along the lines of 'dating'" He replied, using air quotations when it came to word 'dating'.

"You're probably right. I mean, the media does make up things a lot, and most of the things they say are fake." I replied and he chuckled.

"Yeah. I wonder what would be Aiden and Zyljan's reactions be when they see the pictures? Because I'm pretty sure that one of those pictures looks like we're about to kiss." He informed and I stopped dead in my tracks.

Did he just say. . .

I faced him and looked at him with a doubtful expression. "You're kidding, right? Please tell me you're kidding." I pleaded, while he just looked at me with a confused expression on his face.

"Of course not! I'm pretty sure they took a picture of us when I was cupping your cheeks. It seriously looked like we were about to kiss to anyone who looked at the photo." He said, and my eyes widened in horror.

"Oh my God! My brothers are going to kill me!" I exaggerated while he just chuckled. I glared at him and slapped his arm. "I'm not joking, Chase! They really are going to kill me."

I started hyperventilating, while Chase kept trying to calm me down. But, no matter what he say or do, it still can't take the panic away. I mean, my brothers are seriously so over-protective of me. Because, according to them, and I quote, 'You're our only sister, so we really should be over-protective of you.'

"Teddy Bear, just calm down alright? It's going to be fine. Just explain to them what really happened, then they won't kill you." He said and my breathing started to return to its original pace.

"Alright, alright. But you also have to help me explain, alright?" I asked and he nodded.

Once we already arrived my house, it was already half past six in the evening. We opened the door, only to find out that my parents and my brothers were watching the news.

Oh, shit.

"Earlier this morning, the only daughter of the multi-billionaire James and Eliza Lee was spotted with the heir of the Peterson company, holding hands and being all lovey-dovey with each other. I guess there's new romance blooming, huh?" The reporter said while matching it with a laugh, the other reporter beside her laughing too.

"You're right, Louise. And the two look perfectly adorable. They clearly are happy with each other, right? Sources say that Amber and Chase was hanging out in the park before they were seen together on the sidewalk, all comfortable with each other." The male reporter said, then pictures of us showed up in the screen.

It was a picture of us, sitting down under the tree with Chase's arm around me with my head rested on his chest. It was when Chase was comforting me and telling me to stop crying because I was being hysterical at that time.

The next picture shown was when we were still sitting under the tree, but the difference was, I was sitting across him while smiling at him and Chase was looking at me with a grin.

"Don't these two just look adorable?" The male reporter asked, while the female reporter, who I've known to be Louise, smiled at him.

"You're right, John. But, I've heard that before they were like this, they definitely hate each other. Could it be possible that these two have finally put aside their differences and decided to let a new friendship grow? Or is it something more?" Louise asked, while looking at John, the male reporter.