Chapter 24: This Kiss

Saturday rolled in quite quickly, so here we are in Chase's backyard, swimming and fooling around. And by we, I mean just the two of us. We asked the others to join us, but they declined. Aiden has a photo shoot; Zyljan has a meeting with Mom and Dad about our business and what not; Sophie and Stacy are in the mall, probably shopping again; Drake is in his house, just lounging around in his room, probably playing with his PS3; Dylan and Paige are in Miami, having a vacation with their parents; Ian and Blake are studying for the first time; Austin is having football practice; and well, Shane and Hannah? Yeah, well, they're together alright. They're even hanging out right now. Shocking, I know.

"So it's just us then." Chase said when he knew that the others were not coming. I laughed and nodded my head at his statement.

"What do you want to do?" He asked and I turned to face him, bringing my bag higher on my shoulders, grinning right after.

"Let's go swimming!" I replied enthusiastically and clapped my hands together again and again. Way to look stupid, Amber.

He laughed and went towards me as he pinched my cheeks, making me rub it because of the pain. I glared at him and said, "Why did you do that?"

"You're just too cute, that's why." He replied, as he put an arm around me, pulled me close against him and guided me to the way to their backyard.

"If that's what you call flirting, then you're horrible at it." I deadpanned.

"Don't kid yourself, Ams." He replied with a grin. "We both know I'm great at it."

He always doesn't fail to show his cockiness, that's what I surely know.

I rolled my eyes and walked towards the pool, ignoring his laughter behind me. I put my bag on one of the sun beds and sat on the edge of the pool, my feet dangling loosely. I get rid of my t-shirt and tossed it on the side, leaving me with my white shorts and my black bikini top.

I looked up at Chase and smiled. "Come on! The water's great!" I said, but he just kept looking at me with this look of admiration.

I gave him a confused look and chuckled when I realized what he's doing. "I'm just too hot, right?" I asked and grinned flirtatiously at him.

Wow, I can't believe I'm beginning to sound just like him.

He laughed, finally out of the dreamy state he was in and walked towards me. He crouched down, until we were eye to eye. He smirked at me, and I swallowed the lump that started to build up in my throat.

"Of course you're hot, Amber. You're even hotter than the sun." He said and I stared at him wide eyed.

I scrunched my nose in disgust. "What kind of pick up line is that? That's just ridiculous."

He frowned at me. "Hey it worked on most girls."

"Most meaning not all." I replied matter-of-factly. "Where did you even get that from? Google?"

He gave me a cheeky grin. "Might be. You never know, right?"

Why in hell did he even think he's great at flirting? His lines are awful and worse, he obviously got it off from Google.

"You're stupid." I stated.

"Hey! That's not so nice." He pouted.

"Who even told you I was nice?" I countered.

"Exactly! That's why," he started and stood up straight, making me look at what he's doing. "you deserve this." And without any words said, he pushed me down the pool.