19. Sunrays

The sand was hot on the souls of my feet, the warm breeze blowing my skirt to the side.

Numerous people watched me walk passed, but I didn't look at them; the only eyes I wanted to find where those dark pools that captured me years ago. In the sun, his skin was rustic and had a thick layer of shin. His arm resting over his eyes as he lays on his back. Letting other people see his build body, for a moment I feel jealously; the urge to kick him in the side so tempting that I didn't hold back from doing it.

"Filarsela." (Scram) He mumbles, clearly not interested. I smile a little, this will be fun.

This time, I kick a bit harder.

"Filarsela." (Scram) He says, a little more annoyed.

I hold in a laugh, as I kick some sand onto him; a little getting into his mouth.

He curses while sitting up fast and spitting, glaring daggers at me. His eyes trying to adjust to the bright sun.

"That's not very nice." I say, lifting my sunglasses up to meet his eyes. 

"Lace?" He shields his eyes and looks me up and down, "What are you doing here!?" He gets up fast and looks me over, his large hands holding my arms gently as his eyes roam me for something that might be off.

"I'm fine, the better question is what are you doing here?"

He is quiet for a moment, "I wanted to see if I could get any advice from my mother."

"It seems like you are getting loads of advice from other woman." I fold my arms and he looks at me confused from a moment and then his eyes fill with a gut turning emotion. Guilt. My heart tightens that he doesn't instantly deny it like how he normally would; but I don't really have a say since he is free do do whom or whatever he pleases since he left to be alone for a while.

  "You've been spying on me?"He asks simply, not angry or upset.   

"No, Brenden found that someone is following you." Decklen is quiet for a moment and nods, then puts a hand in the the middle of my back, leading me back to the house. 

"Just say quiet, I'll explain when we are inside." He looks around quickly before leading us back. 

I nod, surprised by how badly I missed his touch. His hand as hot as the sun, burning into my back, his fingers spread out most pressure on some than others. My head off trying to figure out how long its been since we've touched; while my heart is on a treadmill going as fast as possible.

Decklen lightly urges me inside first and then quickly closes the doors behind him, locking them and closing the curtains. I watch as he goes around the cottage quickly, checking each room before coming back to me.

Opening my mouth to ask him about his strange behavior, I'm stopped before I can say anything, his hands cup my face and his warm dry lips devour mine. Surprised, I moan. It's been so long since I've gotten to be close to him and the pull that has always made it impossible for us to be apart, is stronger than before. My arms go around his neck as his move to wrap around my waist, both of us craving each other. Tugging his hair, his hands pick me up and place me on the counter; the feeling of his fingers running down my sides to my hips where he pulls me closer to his body. His heart beat pounding against his chest so that I can feel it. 

"Decklen." I breath as he moves his breathtaking assault to my neck, my head flashing the picture of him with the blonde. I push against his chest and he stops, but he doesn't let go; instead he just rests his head in the crook of my neck.

"She doesn't mean anything to me, she was undercover and trying to get information on you. I figured I was being followed so I played along as if I didn't know what she was doing to see if I could get some information off her." He explains. "She was from America, apparently you are pretty well known over there." He adds trying to lessen the blow. 

My stomach drops, so he was with her. "I understand." I wiggle my way off the counter and he steps back to let me stand on the ground. 

"Lace..." He starts, pulling back to look at me, but I look away. Not confident in what my face looks like right now.

"It's alright, I know we aren't together and you can do as you please. Just a shock, that's all." I step away and he nods, rubbing the back of his neck. The heat of the moment dying fast as the air around us gets colder. "Brenden is handling it back home, so don't worry. Text him the information you got." My voice coming out flat, I turn and go to walk to the guest room, but Decklen stops me.

"Lace, I know that we are not in the best place, I know that you are questioning a lot of things right now and I surely didn't help my case. But you need to know that this woman was the only one I was with other than you." His voice is firm and doesn't waver. I know he is telling the truth. I look back at him, his eyes searching me, trying to find a sign of relief or anything.

"Thank you for telling me." Is all I can bring myself to say though, knowing that maybe, just maybe that woman was falling for him too. That she believed him and he had all her trust like I did; then she was left not knowing where it all changed.

"I love you and I will wait, for however long it takes." He pulls me back and kisses my temple. "So take your time, you are worth it to me."

I stand on my tiptoes and kiss his temple, "Thank you."