Chapter 11

I just thought I should apologize for any errors, the auto correct on my iPod is strange. I'll go back and correct mistakes when I have time.

Also, the next chapter will be the interviews, do you guys want it to be an interview for each tribute, or just an overview of the entire thing, with spotlight on a few people? Let me know, leave a comment.

---------------

One more day, that's it, and then the real game begins.

The atmosphere was stressful, the whole room under tension. Everything was intense. No more fooling around, this was real. No more denying it.

Garland watched the scores flash on the screen.

D1 Female: 9

D1 Male: 9

D2 Female: 10

D2 Male: 9

D3 Female: 9

D3 Male: 12

D4 Female: 9

D4 Male: 8

D5 Female: 7

D5 Male : 5

D6 Female: 4

D6 Male: 10

D7 Female: 7

D7 Male: 7

D8 Female: 6

D8 Male: 7

D9 Female: 8

D9 Male: 4

D10 Female: 10

D10 Male: 5

D11 Female: 5

D11 Male: 7

D12 Female: 4

D12 Male: 6

He was actually surprised at his score. All he'd done was throw some knives, tie some knots. Nothing impressive for sure. The male from district three, Cinocca, had the highest score. A complete career, from a non Career district. If he was going to keep his allies safe, he'd have to steer clear of the careers at all costs. Hide out in the forest, somewhere they couldn't be seen.

Garland was becoming more nervous by the hour, sick to his stomach with fear, anxiety. He'd do anything to save the twelves, they deserved freedom from this. Was he prepared to die? Yes. But was he prepared to save them? Not yet, no matter how much he wanted to be. They'd all have to be on their A game to make it out of the bloodbath alive even. But he'd do anything to get one of them out, at least one of the group would be safe. Because this year, it wasn't going to be a career victory, Garland wasn't going to let that happen. No this year... A twelve year old would win.