They snuck in quietly, but froze as they saw I was awake, sat up leant against the headrest with Cross' head in my lap.

I stroked him slowly, listening to his gentle purrs as he snuggled closer. The whole time I kept my eye on them, scanning for any weapons or guns.

I couldn't be certain, but it seemed as if they were all unarmed.

"Nightmare..." Dust started, quickly being cut off by me hissing at him as he took a step towards us.

Dust froze, stepping back to where he had originally stood. "Lets take this to the living room. It's more open there, okay?"

I looked down at Cross, who was still asleep and sighed, nodding weakly. "I-I'll meet you guys down there..."

They nodded, the four of them leaving quietly.

I sighed loudly before shaking Cross lightly. "Crossy..."

Cross let out a feeble groan and batted my hands away. "Tirrreeeddd..."

"I know sweetheart...but you've got to get up now, okay?"

Cross groaned louder, his eyes fluttering open as he looked up at me.

Worryingly, his eyes were already a bit glassy and glazed, but after a few seconds they returned to normal. They were still slightly dull though, not as bright as they used to be. I prayed that was just because he was tired.

"You can sleep in a bit Crossy, but for now we've got to go downstairs..."

Cross groaned, but nodded, letting me pick him up and carry him bridal-style out of my room.

The others were all sat around each other on the sofas, whispering to each other, but they all immediately stopped as they saw me walking down the stairs.

They waved me over, smiling.

I kept my expression cold, simply sitting down on one of the sofas opposite them.

Cross immediately shifted about, getting comfy as he snuggled up to my chest.

I ignored the others for a bit, grabbing a thin blanket and wrapping it loosely around Cross before I finally looked over at the others, rubbing under Cross' jaw softly so that he purred as I glared at them.

"Nightmare please don't give us that expression..." Error said, leaning forwards slightly. "We're not going to hurt him, we're unarmed right now."

I snorted, eyeing them up. "I know."

Dust sighed loudly. "Nightmare please don't make this difficult...you can trust us–"

"Can I?" I growled, focusing my attention on him. "Like how I trusted you earlier when you said you wouldn't shoot Cross and you just wanted to check something after you tackled him down to the floor? Oh I didn't even trust you then Dust, and what do you do? You try to shoot him in the skull."

Dust flinched. "That was just my immediate reaction to the fact that he's a zombie."

"He isn't one yet." I snarled, my tentacles twitching dangerously.