Turning

❤️💜7KkkkKkKkkkkkKkkKKkk💜❤️

---Nightmare's POV----

I woke up to the sound of shuffling outside. I groaned softly, moving to pull my blanket further over my head, only to find that it wasn't there. That's when I remembered, I wasn't at home any more. I sat up, looking around quickly.

The small fire was now just a pile of softly smoking fire and ash, the grass around it slightly scorched. I was still half in my sleeping back and I immediately scrambled out of it, looking around for Cross.

He wasn't there. His sleeping bag lay discarded in the corner of the hollow trunk, wrapped up in a messy ball.

"Cross?" I called.

The shuffling from outside rang out again and I immediately scrambled out, looking around for any sign of the smol skeleton.

"N-Nightmare..."

I whipped around, only to freeze.

Cross was stood stiffly, his eyes wide with terror. He was shaking, his hands gripping onto each other tightly.

Next to Cross, was a zombie. It was human, male. Clumps of hair had been ripped from its skull, leaving bleeding and pus covered bald patches. His face was a horror, bits of skin torn and hanging off, while the rest looked festering.

They sniffed Cross, running a bloody hand over his shoulder. Another hand was resting around his neck slightly.

Cross was full on shaking, his eyes staring at me desperately, silently pleading for help as I stood there frozen in shock.

The zombie moved its face up to Cross' neck and sniffed it, drooling slightly as he bared his yellow, rotten teeth.

I growled softly, reaching into my pocket for the pistol I had kept there.

Cross saw what I was doing and squeezed his eyes shut. He was probably terrified that I could shoot him by accident, but also terrified that the zombie would suddenly attack him.

It looked as if it was going to bite him. It didn't seem sure if Cross was a zombie or not. He was sniffing him to check, and I'm assuming he smelt a bit like a zombie, but he wasn't acting like one.

I aimed the gun at it, gulping as my hand shook a bit. I was terrified that I'd shoot Cross. But if that zombie bit him in the neck, the virus would double and surge through his body, almost immediately destroying the last bit of sanity inside of him and turning him instantly.

Gulping, I pulled the trigger.

---Cross' POV----

I jolted as the zombie leaning against me let out a screech, stumbling away from me before collapsing to the floor.

Suddenly I felt a pair of strong arms wrap around me, and a face press into my neck.

I opened my eyes, looking down at Nightmare for a second before hugging back tightly.

"He didn't hurt you did he?" Nightmare asked, fussing over me.

"N-No Nighty...he didn't..." I mumbled, pressing my face into his chest. "Sorry..."

He sighed, keeping me close. "I panicked when I saw your sleeping bag empty..."

"Sorry..." I whispered. "I-I don't know what happened...I-I just remember waking up next t-to you and my arm was starting to burn up horribly...I-I knew I wouldn't have enough time to warn you so I got outside as quick as I could...a-and then I can't remember what happened next...a-all I know is that it was dark when I went out, a-and morning when I suddenly gained back control of my body to find myself i-in the grips of a zombie..."