It was Cross.

He was snarling and thrashing, stuck under a net. It was tangled around him, choking and hurting him.

Dust raised his gun again and I lunged forwards, pushing past the others and diving in front of Cross, crying out at I felt the bullet shatter some of my shoulder blade.

Dust immediately dropped his gun in shock. "Nightmare what are you doing?!"

"Don't you dare shoot him." I growled, glaring the others down as I stood defensively in front of Cross.

"He's gone insane!" Horror yelled. "That bastard stabbed Dust in his sleep and then tried to bite him!"

I glanced back at Cross, taking in his glazed over eyes, snarling expression and blood dripping mouth. He had turned.

"I can handle this." I muttered, crouching down in front of Cross.

The others stood still in shock. They still held their guns up, but they didn't shoot. They would hit me if they did.

My tentacles gripped onto the net he was tangled in and carefully freed him from it before curling around him.

Cross let out a choked snarl, thrashing weakly in my grip.

"N-Nightmare just let us shoot him!" Horror called, aiming his gun again.

Cross hissed before surprising me by clinging to me tightly, his eyes narrowed.

That's when I realised.

He hadn't fully changed yet, he was just having an episode. A bad one.

"Cross..." I whispered, rubbing my thumb across his cheek softly. "Cross calm down...you're safe...I'm here..."

The others watched in shock as Cross slowly stopped thrashing in my tentacles grip, his eyes slowly flashing from glazed to normal.

He looked terrified.

I kept him a small distance away from myself, not one hundred percent certain that he wouldn't attack me.

Suddenly he squeezed his eyes shut, whimpering and writhing as he tried to fight back against the virus.

I stayed still, watching as he slowly gained back control of his body, opening his eyes suddenly to show they were back to normal.

My tentacles let go of him and his legs instantly gave way beneath him, making him crumple to the floor.

He sobbed, gasping as he inhaled air desperately. "N-N-Night-ty..."

I crouched down next him, wrapping my arms around him softly.

He clutched me as tight as he could, sobbing that he was sorry over and over. He could barely breath, choking on his own words as he buried his face into my chest.

I rubbed his back softly, whispering soothingly to him as I nuzzled his neck.

After a while his sobs were reduced to sniffles, and the occasional hiccup. He was still shaking horribly, but it wasn't from the cold.

I stood up, taking him with me as he shakily stood on his legs, barely able to stand. I glared at the others, eyeing their weapons. "Put the guns down. Now."

Killer and Error lowered them, but didn't drop them. Dust and Horror didn't move.

"I said drop them." I hissed, pointing my tentacles at them threateningly.

They all seemed shocked by my actions, but one by one Horror, Killer and Error dropped their guns and stepped back.

Only Dust stood firm.

"Nightmare. I'm giving you one warning. Let me shoot him now, or I'll shoot both of you."

I growled loudly, simply bringing Cross closer to my chest as he clung for dear life. "Go on then. Shoot us both."

Dust froze, his actions faltering. "Wh-Wha–..."

"You said you would. So do it." I growled, staring him down challengingly.

Dust stumbled back, shaking his head as he dropped the gun. "I-I can't kill you...you're my friend..."

"Exactly." I hissed. "Cross is more than just a friend to me so leave him the fuck alone."

Dust flinched, glaring at Cross, who stared timidly back at him.

"Lets go Cross..." I muttered, pulling him along. "We're not wanted here anymore..."

Cross gripped onto my hand tightly as I walked past the others, staying close to my side.

But all of a sudden Dust lunged forwards, tackling Cross down to the ground.

I immediately went to attack him but froze as I saw the gun he had pressed against Cross' head.

"I just want to check something Nightmare. Calm down. I promise I won't kill him..."

I hissed, but went still, watching as he kept Cross pinned beneath him.

Cross squirmed and kicked beneath him, whimpering as he started crying out of fear again, his eyes fixated on the gun pressed against the side of his skull.

Dust's free hand reached up to Cross' bandaged wrist, moving to undo it.

Cross immediately panicked, thrashing and kicking. He cried out for me to help as Dust started to unwrap it.

"D-Dust stop!" I said, quickly stepping forwards.

But upon Dust clicking off the safety trigger on his gun, both Cross and I froze immediately.

"That's better." Dust growled. "Now then..." He ripped off the rest of the bandage, his eyes widening as he saw the bite mark on Cross' wrist.

It was heavily infected, bleeding and dripping pus. The area around it was chipped and rubbed raw, probably from Cross' constant scratching.

Dust immediately went to pull the trigger, but I lashed a tentacle forwards, shoving his hand to the side so that he shot the floor by Cross' head.

I wrapped a tentacle around Dust before slamming him into a wall and releasing him, watching as he fell to the floor.

Cross scrambled to his feet and instantly clung to me, snarling at the others with a burning glare.

I picked him up, holding him tight to my chest as I fussed over him. "Are you okay? Did he hurt you?"

"N-No...I-I'm fine...thanks to you Nighty..." He mumbled, burying his face into my chest like always.

Dust hissed getting to his feet. "ARE YOU CRAZY?! HE'S BEEN BITTEN!! HE'S INFECTED!"

"DO YOU NOT THINK I DON'T KNOW THAT?!" I exploded, stepping closer to him. "IV'E KNOWN EVER SINCE I CHECKED HIM IN MY ROOM!"

Dust stumbled back. "YOU SAID HE WAS CLEAN!"

"Well I lied." I muttered, holding Cross closer to my chest.

"WHY?! HE COULD HAVE KILLED US!"

I didn't answer, glaring coldly at him.

"Why didn't you tell us about his episodes?!"

I stayed silent.

"Why won't you let us kill him?!"

That's when I lost it. "BECAUSE I LOVE HIM!"

Dust froze, along with everyone else as they stared at the two of us, clearly in shock.

Before anyone else could talk or yell at me, I stormed out, going straight to my room where I then sat down on the bed, Cross in my lap.

"I'm so sorry..." I mumbled, pressing my face into the crook of his neck. "I'm so, so sorry..."

----------------------------------------------

They knowwwwwwww

What will happen now?!?!?

Guess the ending HeRe cuz I'm cUrIoUs

:3

-Jess-