Chapter Ten

**May 18, 2017 - Minneapolis, MN, United States - 2:05PM**

(Jessica): "DAVID!!"

(David): "Oh god! Step on it!"

(Blaine): "Oh my lord!" **punches the gas pedal**

--tires screeching and engine revving--

(Jessica): "Hrnngh!" **draws sword, points at  and fires the death ray**

(David): "Look out!"

(Blaine): "The death ray!"

**explosion, panicking**

"Ahhhhhhhhh!!"

(Blaine): "Ohh god! That was close!"

(David): "I'll drive! I can drive better than you do."

(Blaine): "I can't! I'm still strapped on the seatbelt! Just tell me which direction you want to choose."

(David): "Just keep heading straight! Through 3rd Avenue! We need to evacuate from the Downtown and turn right by the University Avenue! That's where we need to hide from her until we can figure out what to do."

(Blaine): "But what about the police department!?! You said I should take you there."

(David): "We need to lose her first before we head there! Look, she stole the car and now, I can see her that she is chasing us! Blaine! Just go!"

"Yes sir.." said Blaine anxiously. "Let me turn on the sirens!"

**police sirens wailing**

(Blaine - police megaphone): "ALL MOTORISTS! MAKE WAY FOR THE POLICE! WE'VE BEEN CHASED BY THE SUSPECT!"

(David): "What are you doing!?"

(Blaine): "I just wanted civilian vehicles to move out of the way. I gotta bust up the engine to full power so we could GET AWAY from that girl!"

He gunned up his engine and accelerated up to 114 miles per hour while Jessica gained speeds up to 91 mph. Above, a news helicopter was flying above 3rd Avenue when they saw a police cruiser being chased by a car glowing purple. They followed the chase scene, followed by a live news footage.

**Minneapolis Police Department - 2:07PM**

**Perimeter Security System beeping**

(Maggie): "Oh god! Something's going on."

(Seth): "What?!"

(Harris): "What is it?"

(Maggie): "The suspect is heading towards the police department at 99 miles per hour on 3rd Ave. It's heading there fast. Wait a sec... it's heading away from us.

(Seth): "Uhh guys, on TV! SEE THIS!"

(WCCO News): "This is WCCO from Minneapolis, live from the news chopped on 3rd Avenue. We could see a police cruiser from the Minneapolis Police Department being chased by a civilian vehicle, something like a car, a Sedan or something but we could see the purple glow that it could be a suspect named Jessica, who was chasing the police. We cannot know for sure why is she doing this but..."

(Seth & Maggie): "Oh my god."

(Harris): "David, Blaine... I knew it. They are in there!"

(Maggie): "Does this mean, Jessica saw David in the police car!?"

(Harris): "Yes, and the glow can be seen as far as over a mile from the chopper. So as the glow intensifies, it indicates her state of anger and determination to kill David by all means, necessary."

This brings worry over Maggie and Seth, while for Damon he couldn't lay his eyes off from the TV screen. He stared, thinking that no event such as a police car being chased by a civilian-grade car in a bustling downtown has ever been done before.

[David & Blaine's P.O.V.]

(David): "Blaine, I got no choice."

(Blaine): "What do you mean?"

I opened the bag once more and I held the blue glowing sword.

(Blaine): "Dude! Uhh... What are you doing with that thing!?"

(David): "I need to do something, so Jessica will not go after us and we can leave Downtown! I need to fire the death ray."

(Blaine): "But that would kill everyone near the ray."

(David): "Desperate times, call for desperate measures. It might cost our civilian lives, it would be useful to steer the suspect off from our trail."

Blaine sighed. He realized he can't argue anymore about it.

(Blaine): "Alright, fine."

(David): "Blaine, open the sunroof. Now!"

Blaine flicked the switch for the sunroof of the police cruiser and then it opened, giving me a position to aim at the death ray.

[Jessica's P.O.V.]

Meanwhile, Jessica was closing in on Blaine and myself as we approached the Central Ave. Bridge. When she is about to switch to 6th gear she saw me, holding a blue glowing longsword. She was shocked and utterly confused.

(Jessica): "No way! How could it be!"

Before she says anything else, I aimed my sword at Jessica's stolen vehicle, following a same dreading loud noise that was heard from Jessica's purple sword. 4 seconds later, I fired the death ray and it shot into the snowy road right in front of Jessica.

She immediately lost control of the vehicle due to the blast as she lets go of the steering wheel, then the vehicle swerves to the left and smashes into the railing on the bridge and crashes into the West River Parkway below.

**Minneapolis Police Department - 2:08PM**  

(WCCO): "Oh my god! Did you see that! That police officer had a blue longsword and shot a death ray at the suspect's car. We.. we can't see the suspect right now. It's possible that she's dead already but we can see bright purple smoke...

Maggie, Seth, Harris, and Damon not only they were surprised, but they were amazed.

(Seth): "WOW! Did you see that! David has a blue longsword and he fired the death ray at the suspect! That.. was.. AMAZING! HAHA!"

(Harris): "Talk about reverse psychology."

(Maggie): "How did he get that sword?"

(Damon): "This is something I need to find out."

[David & Blaine's P.O.V. - 2:09PM]

"That was close." I panted.

"Me too." said Blaine. "Wow! You actually did it. WE LOST HER! YES!" he cheered.

(David): "If I hadn't done that, maybe we were goners."

----

**To Be Continued for Chapter Eleven on --Targeted--**