Chapter Eight, Part Two

**Los Angeles, CA - May 18th, 2017 - 12:10 PM**

Daniel and Phoebe who were trying to help the injured people who crashed onto Tuxford St as it fell from the Golden State Freeway bridge, realized that they were running out of time. Mass panic quickly intensifies and now they can see hundreds of people trying to run on foot in a desperate situation to reach higher ground.

"D-DANIEL!" shouted Phoebe in fear and despair.

"We're going to die if we stay here. We gotta get to Angeles National Forest right now. Come on Phoebe, we gotta go right now!"

Phoebe is still breathing quickly in her panicking state and Daniel and herself reached the police car and they speeded away towards the Angeles National Forest Range.

By then after two minutes, a massive 165-meter tsunami swept up Santa Monica and the coastline of Los Angeles. The Manhattan Beach is consumed by the huge wave. People remaining in Los Angeles are now on the high-rise buildings with most of the people in the US Bank Tower are now bracing for the worst as the tsunami surges towards Downtown with strength, speed, and power.

Phoebe and Daniel heard a huge wave roaring, smashing through buildings and racing towards them. They realize that the tsunami is now on land and is catching up with them.

(Phoebe): "Uhhhhhhhh..ahhhhhhh... Daniel..."

Daniel knew he has no choice.

"Phoebe, hang on alright? You put your seatbelts on?"

(Phoebe) "Y-yes..."

"Now, DON'T LOOK BACK.," he said as he revved his engine and starts accelerating towards the Angeles National Forest.

He is currently on La Tuna Canyon Rd. He drove all the way to San Fernando Fwy and he quickly turns right towards I-210. When he arrives at the interstate, he gunned up his engine and raced through the Interstate at 135 miles per hour.

The tsunami surges through Downtown. People in the upper floors of the highrise buildings shouted:

"GET DOWN! NOW!"

They braced themselves and then the wave hits through densely-packed buildings. Everything starts shaking as water gushes through and smashes through windows and large debris floating on the water hits buildings. One highrise building was toppled over and smashes into the waves and disappeared below the surface of the sea with the huge...

**SPLASH!!!**

..creating the chain of destruction as the collapse has damaged other buildings.

For Lisanna and Brandon who finally met each other on the road, they are on US State Route 101 heading towards I-5 that will lead towards San Francisco. They revved up past through vehicles who were trying to head to San Francisco.

**Author's note: I got her first name that is Lisanna Strauss from a Japanese manga series called Fairy Tail with the anime adaption of Fairy Tail.**

**Minneapolis, Minnesota - 12:30 PM**

At the Minneapolis Police Department, I saw the news that the majority of Los Angeles has been hit by the tsunami. Hundreds of people remained on the highrise buildings which remained intact but some of them are at the risk of collapsing. Seth was wondering if Brandon had made it out alive with Lisanna, unknown that the latter was heading to San Francisco.

At 12:45 PM, I looked at the Spitball Tracker Mainframe and all I could see was Jessica walking around Minneapolis. I guess she is still searching for me so I decided to go home. Fortunately, she is not near my house so I don't have to worry about that.