Chapter Eight, Part One

**University Of Minnesota - Minneapolis, MN - May 18th, 2017 - 11:32AM**

Blaine, Harris and I have been running away from her for a few minutes and the suspect is still after me and other 2 officers. First of all when she spotted me and after i said to her my name, she was smiling as she was happy that she found the target and she was trying to kill me in her way similar to what i see some girls in some anime shows on TV. But now, she is slowly growing angry and she begins to pick up more speed, power and endurance by her rage. She is currently about 122 meters between our position but she is closing in quickly.

"DAVID! She's gaining on us!" shouted Harris.

"Do something!" cried Blaine.

I keep looking around for something that we need to run faster. Trying to run on foot would result in certain death by the death ray. We used up all of our strength and soon enough, we begin to get exhausted.

"We're going to DIE!! Wait, i mean, you're going to die man! You're targeted by that girl. If you die, does that matter to her?!?" asked Blaine in desperation.

(David): "Possibly i'm afraid."

After 15 seconds as we thought that were done for, i noticed 3 bicycles parked on the bike rack. They are left unlocked and nobody used it. It's in almost perfect condition and it should be used to outrun the suspect with ease.

(David): "Guys! Get on these bicycles! Hurry!"

They did and we tried to accelerate our bikes a lot quickly but snow piled on the ground and pathways hinders our efforts of trying to run away. We struggled and the suspect is now less than 30 meters away from us.

She begins to aim the sword at us, indicating she is about to fire the death ray against us, killing Blaine, Harris and myself. I need to do something so i got off a bicycle, quickly found a piece of wooden plank on the ground and as the death ray was being fired, i threw the plank and as soon as i begin to feel that i was going to die, the death ray hits the wooden plank and explodes, this time it emits a sky blue color glowing light mixed with light purple.

Suspect: "Wh-what!?"

(Blaine & Harris): Oh my god!

"Wait, what!? What happened, what's with that blue glow?" i thought to myself suddenly.

The sky blue light and smoke gives us time to gun up our bicycles and to get away. The suspect can't see through the smoke and the remaining glow. Soon after, we got away and the suspect failed to kill me. She was grumbled and now she needs to leave the university too before authorities could spot her.

**University Ave. SE - Minneapolis, MN - 11:38AM**

Damon was still worried thinking that we would never return. The officers and Damon himself began to lose patience so he decided to order the officers to search every inch of the university for any survivors or the suspect.

Shortly afterwards, Damon finally saw us heading towards the perimeter with our bicycles. He was relieved.

"David! Guys!" he called us as he ran towards the bikes.

"Chief! We made it, barely made it!" I panted as I stopped the bike.

"What happened to you three? You looked exhausted." he asked curiously.

(David): "Sir, *huff, puff* I managed to fire the spitball at the girl until she somehow saw us. We ran away from her *huff, puff* with.. these bikes we found at the university."

"That was close man. Excellent work. Now we finally know her information." said Damon.

"What?"

"Not only that this spitball tracker that allows us to identify her location and movements to the human being that you were aimed at but also, this spitball has the ability to extract the DNA and personal information such as age, height, weight and the most important thing is, her name." he explained.