Chapter Nine

**May 18, 2017 - Minneapolis, MN, United States - 1:54PM**

I was still walking on the freeway until I finally reached Grant Street. I looked for oncoming traffic from the freeway exit ramp and Grant St. I quickly crossed the road and I reached the other side of the road and I continued walking through the street. While I was still walking, I checked my phone battery and it's at 17% remaining. I needed to charge my phone as soon as possible at the police department, where there is a charging station for police officers who have cellphones, that's what I recall.

--21 seconds later--

After several seconds, I reached the fence by the Gateway Play Area. I walked over it and then I waited it out as i sat down on a snowy pavement. I felt a bit of pain as i tried to sit down and while I tried to stand up but I had to get over it.

--Blaine's P.O.V.--

Meanwhile outside Minneapolis Police Department, Blaine gets inside a police cruiser and drove off on 4th Ave to find me at Gateway Play Area. It's typically a short drive from there to Gateway Play Area which is located between Interstate 35 and 4th Ave. But during it's wintry conditions with the snow still falling in Minneapolis, it's making Blaine a bit difficult to drive through congested streets and he cannot drive that fast, like many other vehicles. But he had snow chains on his tires so it wouldn't be a problem for him when he thought the car was going to skid and slide on the road.

--Jessica's P.O.V.--

At the same time, she leaves State Highway 55 and walks West on 6th Street. She covered her half of her head and face with her hood and she continued on. She is slowly growing angry and she is losing patience...

--Blaine's P.O.V. - 4th. Ave. - 1:59PM--

Blaine arrived at the intersection of 10th St. and on the left, leads to Interstate 35. He sees vehicles parked on the left side of 4th. Ave and he recognized the spot. He remembered that he passed by Gateway Play Area several times since 2009 during motor vehicle chases and patrolling. He realized that he found the right place but he is stopped by the red light. He called me on the phone again...

--David's P.O.V. - Gateway Play Area--

**phone ringing**

(David): **answers call** "Blaine, where are you?"

(Blaine): "I'm stopped at the intersection by 10th St. and Interstate 35. I think i found your place but I didn't see you because of the cars parked there."

(David): "Oh! You came. Alright, ill be coming out. I'm walking towards 4th Ave.  Pick me up and take me back to the department."

(Blaine): "Alright sir."

Almost immediately, I grabbed my bag with a blue glowing sword inside plus a note from Stacy and then I started walking as fast as I could towards 4th Avenue. As for Blaine, the traffic light turned green and he proceeded forward while I exited the play area, passed through parked vehicles and finally, I saw Blaine driving a police cruiser. He stopped and he opened the window and shouted:

"David, get in the car. Quickly!"

I ran to the cruiser and I got inside. I was exhausted but relived and Blaine drove off on it's journey back to Minneapolis Police Department.

Just after I got on Blaine's police car, the rain and snow starts falling across the city. It is now mixed rain and snow.

"Oh dear, this weather get's worse." said Blaine as he looked by the windshield. "Its snow, ice and rain and it's going to be a rough ride."