제 3 장 -- YG

YG.POV//Jayy                                                                                                                       --1008 WORDS--  

2018/10/20

"Good afternoon sir, how may we help you?" Inquired the receptionist, noticing my slightly lost facial expression. Smiling slightly in gratefulness for coming to my rescue, I walk up to the receptionist's desk, taking in the snow white aesthetic. The place was slightly overwhelming, the silver, gold and white colour variants almost blinding. The shop was rather extravagant, with spacious rooms and crystal white floors. You could tell from a mile off this place was top class, meaning expensive as hell.

"Hi, yes, I've come to get my hair dyed." I stuttered rather quickly, my nervousness seizing control over my throat. "My friend recommended me this place." I added rather timidly, my eyes darting around the room in slight confusion. The lady eyes me up and down briefly, as if saying 'You don't belong here' and to be honest, I don't. My rather plain outfit completely stands out in such a high-end place, just causing my anxiety to act up even more.

The woman informs me of the waiting time before politely asking me to take a seat in one of the modern looking, white plastic chairs. It was surprisingly comfortable considering it was made out of plastic. Whipping out my phone, I check my notifications, yet nothing new appears. Sighing, I go onto a random game on my phone I downloaded years ago and waste my time playing that for a few minutes. It doesn't take long for my name to be called and I'm asked to sit in the hairdresser's chair.

"What would you like sir?" I am asked by a foreign young man with bright pink hair and makeup on point.

"I'd like to dye my hair a mint colour." I reply, looking up at him for a second before back down quickly to look at my reflection in the mirror. My previously silver blond hair has faded, leaving an almost orangey-muddy colour. Long, dark brown roots were poking out from my scalp, making my current hair colour even less attractive. Sighing gently, I was relieved I was getting finally getting rid of it.

"I'll have to bleach your hair and then apply the colourant. Is that okay?" I murmured a quick yes before the man put his hands in my hair and began the long, tedious process. Occasionally answering any questions the man threw at me, I felt a little annoyed that the hairdresser was attempting to start a conversation. I was tired after the busy week, and after the weekend finally arrived all I wanted was to sit back and relax. The hairdressers constant small talk prohibited that, however.

Finally, the hairdresser finished applying and preparing my hair and moved to another customer, allowing my ears and brain to take a break. I was almost falling asleep in my chair whilst my hair was bleaching when I heard the familiar echoing ping that is my phone going off. I almost shoot up from my chair but manage to catch myself before I draw too much attention. However, even if I did shoot up I don't think people will notice since everyone here seemed to be in a rush. Everyone had a place to be or something to do, and they all seemed awfully loud.

Standing up to pull out my phone from my back pocket, I almost fall back into my chair and switch on my phone. It was a notification from Instagram.

'jiminfp just posted a photo.'

I open the notification and stare in awe at the person before me.

Quickly moving my fingers to the comment button, I furiously type away, hoping that this time he notices me

'I would eat his ass any day 😏👅💦🍑'

Out of the corner of my eye I notice my hairdresser walking in my direction so I quickly hit send and put my phone back in its place before he has a chance to read whats written on my screen.

"Right its time to move onto the dye." He hummed, beginning to take me to the sinks to drain my hair. And so the long process of applying dye, tinfoil and other chemicals into my hair began again. I was put under multiple machines and had so much sprayed into my hair you could think they are performing a surgery.

After another long wait, the stage to finally wash out and style my hair came. With relief, I watched as the hairdresser dried, straightened and teased my hair multiple times over. A few minutes later I got to witness the final product and honestly, I was impressed. My hair, despite the multiple procedures, still had a certain glow to it and wasn't as destroyed as I thought it would be after bleaching and dyeing it. The colour was better than I imagined it, perfectly matching my skin and eye colour to create a visually pleasing image. I could see why this place was considered top class.

Thanking the hairdresser and receptionist, I paid the expensive fee for such treatment and was on my way. Deciding this new hair needed to be memorialised in the form of an Instagram post, I whip out my phone and take a quick but rather cute selfie. Giving it a small caption and no filter, I post it without a second thought. 

'New hair colour!'

Placing my phone back in my back pocket, I stroll in the direction of my house, buying some food and drink on the way

Placing my phone back in my back pocket, I stroll in the direction of my house, buying some food and drink on the way. Its the weekend, I can eat some unhealthy food and drink.

Buying some coke, soju and some sweets and snacks, I casually walk home, every so often feeling my soft hair and catching my reflection in anything I could, whether it was a car window or a metal structure. I can't lie, I love my new look.