24.

Chapter Twenty Four:

"Whoever decided that morning radio was a good thing obviously wasn't thinking straight." Complained Ash as Leo escorted all of us into the van that was taking us to our radio morning show interviews. Leo had assured us that this was not the last of publicity that we were going to be doing, meaning that he expected us to get used to this.

"If anyone should be used to this it would be the four of you." Liana told him, only to receive an eye roll from Ash. As it turns out, the early morning mixed the late night did not do wonders for any of us.

As we all hustled into the van, the lingering silence was evident and unusual for our group. I somehow managed to snag the farthest seat in the back squished between the window and Ash. Although we had known each other for a few weeks, Ash and I never crossed paths very much.

"So, what should we expect for morning radio?" I whisper to him once he's sat comfortably next to me. He sighs before looking at me from the corner of his eye.

"A lot of people asking too personal of questions." He answers before turning his head down to his phone.

"He's not really a morning person." Carter tells me, whipping his head around to face Ash and myself. "Or an interview person for that matter." Carter teases. A little glimpse of a smile almost breaks through to Asher's face but he quickly goes back to his stoic posture.

"I don't blame you, I had to drink at least two cups of coffee before even thinking of leaving the hotel room this morning." I laughed.

"Where did you get coffee?" Asher asks, turning so that his body was practically facing me. "I couldn't find a soul even up this morning."

"I used the one in the hotel room." I say, a little glad that Asher was slowly starting to come down from his sulking mood.

"How did I not think of that?" He question aloud.

"Probably cause you didn't have coffee to function." Carter jumps in, only to receive a glare and lighthearted chuckle from Asher.

"That's rude." He says as Carter and he both turn to their phones. I decide that since we have a bit of a drive to the station, I'd listen to music in hopes to calm my raging nerves.

I was just starting to drift into the music when my phone buzzes in my hand.

~ ~ ~

"Who could possibly be texting you right now?" Noah asks, his hair whooshing in the wind from the open windows.

"None of your business." Henrique snaps, clicking his phone off and putting it in his lap.

"Come on, you've been attached to your phone for weeks. Who is it?" Noah pushes, his eyes filled with curiosity.

"Nobody." Henrique huffs.

"Yeah, because 'nobody' will text you forever." Sarcastically mutters Noah.

"Whatever." Henrique mumbles, sighing in his seat next to me in the car.

~ ~ ~

The continuous buzzing of my phone pulls me from my head. Shaking my thoughts out of my head, I notice that we have already started moving and are getting farther and farther away from the hotel that we had stayed in last night after the show.

In my hand, my phone brings me back to life once again. I glance up to see that everyone else has turned to listen to their own music as well and so, I turn on my phone only to see that our group chat between Ryan, Noah, Ely, and I has been going crazy.