ONE: Chemistry

He's So Fine by The Chiffons

• He's So Fine by The Chiffons •

Chapter One •

THERE is only one thing in this world that I hate more than Jake Paul.

Chemistry.

The whole thing about different elements and which ones are dangerous and which ones aren't is just confusing.

I mean what old man decided to think oh, Arsenic, that's poisons to humans, let me test it out?

Honestly I think chemistry is a worthless class to have.

It's not like I'm going to Walmart or the mall and stumble upon some uranium or Mercury and buy it. Like come on science, not everyone wants to buy shit and discover it.

"Ariana, what's going on in that mind of yours?" My best friend Toni, says with a laugh.

"I'm just dreading and reminding myself how much I hate chemistry. Why did I have to have it first period?" I groan shutting my locker door shut and adjusting my bags strap.

"Well the new teacher that replaced Mrs. Wright is super hot." Toni replies wiggling her eyebrows at me making me laugh and shake my head.

"You know the only person that I find attractive is Cole Sprouse Toni." I say as we begin walking to our next class which was thankfully together.

I guess that's the only good thing that comes from chemistry.

"Trust me, he'll melt your lady parts instead of tingle them."

I roll my eyes and smile at everyone who acknowledged me in the hallway with either a smile or a wave.

Now I'm not popular, I'm far from that. People just know me by the fact that I'm apart of the dance company at the school and because my dad is the mayor of our small town in Portland.

In fact, our school doesn't have the cliche clique that you'd typically read in books. Everyone knows one another and everyone likes one another to a point.

"Have you talked to your dad yet?" I asked Toni giving her a side ways glance as she moved her brown hair out of her face.

Toni shook her head.

Toni was transgender. Her father worked over seas in the military and hasn't seen his family for three years. In eighth grade, Toni finally had the courage to tell everyone and ever since we've been closer.

Her father in the other hand doesn't know. She wanted to tell him in person, which to her luck would be in three days.

"I honestly don't know how he'd react hearing his son saying he wants to be a girl." Toni says shaking her head as I give her a soft smile.