(1) 26: Broken

Book 1, Chapter 26 :

" Broken "

Kakashi continued to hurry as fast as he could to the hospital. His body was aching from lack of rest, and his legs were on fire, but he didn't care. He fought through the physical pain and allowed the inner pain he was feeling to give him the drive to keep moving. He had to. He had no other option and wouldn't accept otherwise.

As he finally pushed through the doors of the hospital, he continued to run through the building, bumping into passersby and ignoring the staff yelling at him to stop. He didn't even think to ask where Shiori was since he wasn't in his right mind. Three older jonin collided and attempted to stop and restrain him, which only seemed to upset him more. As one of them struggled to subdue him by pulling his arms behind him, the other two tried to get a hold of him in the front.

"Get off of me!" He shouted, and then grunted as he fought back, managing to kick one of the men in their stomach, sending them flying back.

"Hey, that's enough, kid!" One of the other jonin yelled down at him as he pulled tighter on Kakashi's arms, but Kakashi continued to struggle.

"Let me go! She needs me!"

"That's enough, Kakashi." The Hokage's voice suddenly beamed, finally bringing Kakashi's rage to a halt as he looked to him.

His eyes were blooming over and twitching slightly as he fought to regain control over his emotions.

The Hokage looked to the 2 remaining men and nodded.
"Release him." He ordered, and they complied as they let Kakashi loose.
The Hokage came forward until he was standing directly in front of Kakashi. He looked down at him, and Kakashi only looked to the ground in shame.
"Kakashi, I understand how you must be feeling-- but you must keep a level head." He scolded him. "Now is not the time to loose yourself like this."
Kakashi only closed his eyes in grief and disappointment.

The Hokage took notice of his calmed demeanor and then cast a sympathetic look his way.
"She is in room 117." Was all he said as he gave Kakashi a soft and comforting touch to the shoulder as he walked past him, the 3 jonin following after him.

Kakashi took a deep breath, fighting to keep himself composed. This was the hardest feeling he had ever faced since his father had died. The emotions were flooding over him, and he was having a difficult time managing to process through them all. He took another moment to prepare himself and then headed Shiori's way.

Kakashi stood right outside of the room, hesitating for a moment as he stared at the door. Dread and overwhelming fear consumed him, but he furrowed his brow as he took hold of the doorknob and entered the room.

Immediately, Obito looked up from the bedside and the two of them locked eyes. Normally, Kakashi would be none-too-pleased about his presence, but for once he was grateful. He had been there for Shiori whenever he couldn't be. Obito had an exhausted and sad look on his face, and Kakashi only nodded to him, then looked down to Shiori's form. She was sleeping. He pushed his legs to move forward. Coming to a stop next to Obito by her side, staring down at her sleeping figure. The two coexisted in silence for a few moments before Obito broke it.