(1) 15: Heartbreak

Book 1, Chapter 15 :

" Heartbreak "

"So, I'll stop by the park later today if you are still there and talk to you then... I've got to get ready to train. Later, babe." Darcia smirked as he turned and walked away, his 2 team-mates followed behind him.

Shiori was still staring in shock as she watched Darcia walk away.

"Oh my god!"
"Can you believe it?!" Rin and Kurenai were talking back and forth to each other.
"Shiori's got a boyfriend!"

Shiori growled as she turned to face the both of them, "WHY DID YOU GUYS DO THAT?!" she shouted.

"Because you weren't saying anything!" Kurenai answered.

"What made you think I was going to say yes?!" Shiori shouted.

"You need a boyfriend to break you out of your shell, and he is DARCIA. HIBIYA. The hottest guy our age!" Rin argued back. "He's perfect for you! HOW COULD YOU POSSIBLY THINK OF SAYING NO?!"

"Um, maybe because I don't like him, or even KNOW him!" Shiori argued back.

When Kakashi heard this, he felt a little at ease. "So... she doesn't like him?" he thought.

"Yeah, but you could've spoke up and said 'no' if you really didn't want to, so you must've wanted to." Kurenai stated. That killed Kakashi's hopes again.

Shiori didn't say anything back, at first. "But-"

"Look, Shiori! It's for the best, really! You need to start being more out-going and social anyways, and Darcia's the perfect thing for that!"

Kurenai smiled at Shiori. "So don't worry. Just relax."

"Yeah, just give it a chance. Who knows, you might really like Darcia!" Rin exclaimed.

Shiori frowned as she looked down, thinking to herself.

Kakashi was examining her expression, and waiting to see what she would say.

"Alright...." Shiori finally caved in. She thought to herself, "Well.... Kakashi probably doesn't even like me 'that' way anyways... so...."

Kakashi felt as his heart throbbed in pain, as if it was just stepped on, and without hesitation and without saying a word he stood up out of his seat and turned to walk away.

"Hm? Kakashi??" Asuma asked.

"Where are you going, Kakashi?" Guy asked.

Kakashi didn't say a word but only continued to leave the restaurant.

Shiori noticed as he had left, and she called after him, "Kakashi!" and she got up and ran after him, out of the restaurant.

She exited out on to the street, and she turned both ways looking for Kakashi, and she spotted him to her left walking down the streets at a quick pace. She darted after him.