(1) 11: A Light In A Dark Life

Book 1, Chapter 11 :

" A Light In A Dark Life "

Shiori sat, still completely in shock by all the information the Hokage just explained to her... she felt her chest tighten, and she clutched her fists tightly on her thighs. "People could come after me for this?" she thought to herself. "And I have to use this jutsu before I die, or else I just disappear, and lose my soul?!"

The Hokage noticed Shiori's troubled expression, and he could tell she was deep in thought. He knew she must be scared, and he also knew she had every reason to be. He feared for her himself, which is why he was taking it upon himself to educate her about herself and the situation. He sighed as he took hold of his pipe and removed it from his mouth. "Shiori," he began slowly, "I know that this is a lot to take in for you, still being so young..... But you must know, and you must be able to prepare yourself for what may come." He explained.

"Ngh... I know that!" Shiori suddenly burst, out of frustration and sadness. This startled the Hokage, but he kept quiet as she continued, "It's just so unfair! Not only has being the host of the 2 tailed demon caused me problems, but now my kekkei genkai? The gods must truly frown upon me..." she joked light-heartedly.

"I know how you must be feeling, but I will help you as much as I can. I will continue to educate you about yourself, and your clan... and give you special training to help you be able to defend yourself even better." The Hokage spoke. "Which you are already excelling at your age... you are above anyone in your class... so I am confident in you, Shiori." He tried his best to comfort her in the situation, and make it less stressful.

Shiori's eyes closed slightly, as she thought about everything the Hokage had taught her over the past 2 years... she'd learned a whole lot. He had taught her about her Mangetsu eyes, and the Okami transformation, along with the 2 tailed wolf inside of her. She remembered he had told her that the wolf demon could benefit her, giving her an incredibly large amount of chakra - that was far higher than his own, special techniques (which he had no knowledge of himself, but that she could learn it on her own in time), summoning the demon herself as an aid in battle, and even taking on her demon form with full control.

A few moments of silence passed, and Shiori suddenly spoke, "Lord Hokage?" she asked.

"Hm? Yes, Shiori?" he asked.

"This kekkei genkai, Tamashi-Hato... you said using it on a good or evil person determines whether or not I go to....paradise?" she asked.

"Yes, that's right." The Hokage confirmed.

Shiori looked up at him, directly in his eyes with a confused expression. "What exactly is 'paradise'?" She asked.

The Hokage looked a little confused himself, but suddenly turned and rummaged through a bag of more scrolls, as he pulled out one and unrolled it, laying it on top of the other.