(1) 1: The Last of the Mikazuki

A/N: the picture is of the wolf demon in her demon and "human" form. I do not own the design or the art, I am merely using it as a reference for my story.

Book 1, Chapter 1 :

" The Last of the Mikazuki "

The sounds of metal clinking together, blasts, and screams echoed through the forest in the Land of Woods. Black smoke filled the sky, and the smell of burnt wood and flesh filled the air.

The Hidden Rain shinobi had attacked the Mikazuki clan, in hopes of obtaining the two-tailed wolf demon, Ookami to unleash it within the Hidden Leaf so that they could eliminate the village. The Mikazuki clan resided in a small town just outside of the Hidden Forest village, and weren't able to call for back up from their village companions soon enough.

It had all happened so suddenly and already the damage was massive. The homes of the clan members were all destroyed and on fire. Mikazuki shinobi and their wolf companions’ lifeless corpses were scattered everywhere across the ground, which was stained almost completely with blood everywhere.

The leader of the clan, Mizataisho was the strongest and fiercest of the clan, he had held his ground completely so far, and killed all of his pursuers fairly easily. Quickly, he made his hand signs and shouted as he took on his Okami form. His nails grew into sharp claws, his ears grew upward onto his head and formed into a wolf's, his tail appeared, his fangs grew long and protruded outward, and his Mangetsu eyes shined brightly. As soon as he had finished killing his current enemy, eight more suddenly came charging at him. The eight Hidden Rain shinobi jumped all at once at him with their blades ready to strike. Quickly, the Lord of the clan made hand signs and growled as he shouted; and with a swift move of his sharp, lethal claws, he slashed in a 360 degree circle. Bright silver sharp claw blasts hit all eight of the Rain ninja, sending them flying back and crying out -- blood spurting everywhere. Mizataisho landed swiftly into a crouched position on the ground.

Quickly, he scanned his surroundings with his Mangetsu eyes for any more enemies he could take down. He locked eyes on another as he charged full speed at them, slashing at them fiercely, taking him down instantly. Another suddenly appeared out of nowhere, he almost got hit until his wolf companion took care of him. The wolf crunched the ninjas head between his jaws and locked eyes with his master.

"Good work, Koga!" he praised.

The companion Wolves of the Mikazuki clan were much larger than normal wolves. They grew to be roughly seven to eight feet tall in height, and are able to vocally speak to humans and perform jutsus. The Mikazuki also had normal wolves among them, but the clan members all had one of the more advanced Wolves as their companion by the time they were teenagers. Koga is the alpha of the Wolves in the clan; the oldest, strongest, and wisest. A little over eight feet tall, dark brown with a diagonal scar on his left eye, and a X-shaped one across the front of his chest.

"There are too many of them master.... at this rate... the clan will be--"

"I am well aware of our fate." Mizataisho cut him off.

Koga locked eyes with his master once more, understanding that they both knew what was going to happen.

"The only thing I am concerned with is dying with honor.... and ensuring they do not get the two-tails." He stated. "Tell me, how is Shiori? Have they got her?"