Chapter 13 - All dressed up and a ball to go to

Chapter 13 – All dressed up and a ball to go to

Eileenia's POV

If I thought Saturday would be a nice normal day then I was very, very wrong. As soon as we got back from our run and found the house was in bedlam I wanted to leave so incredibly badly.

"I am hoping my Grandson will be back soon. I am terribly excited to meet his life bond." I heard a posh sounding voice say as we walked in the door.

"Nan is that you?" Hayden called out happily as he dragged me into the lounge room with him.

"Of course Hayden. I was very surprised that you were up and gone so very early." The woman I recognised as the Queen said as she sat delicately on the couch.

"Oh that's Leena's fault. She forces me to go running with her every morning." Hayden teased me but I tensed up.

I don't think I was supposed to remember our last meeting. I'm sure that's something that the Goddess would have surely erased from the past. Not that I had ever been properly introduced, but now that the moment was here I was feeling decidedly awkward.

"Well I like the sound of her already." She said warmly.

I still hid behind Hayden especially when I noticed how full of people the room was. My palms started to sweat as all eyed fell on us and panic gripped me. I hated meeting new people but a whole room of new people was absolutely terrifying.

Without thinking I turned and ran up to my room. I huddled against the corner of my bed feeling equally frustrated at myself for running away as I did feel frightened. I just couldn't escape my shyness. Last night I felt so very powerful and strong with the moon's rays on me. But once again in the light of day I returned to shy, scared me.

"Leena are you okay my beauty?" I heard Hayden's voice at my door and I let go of the breath I had been holding in. Everything always made sense when Hayden was nearby but I couldn't make myself move to open the door "I need to know that you're alright Leena." He said softly as he pushed the door open.

I looked up and saw him come in and close the door behind him. He approached me slowly until he was sitting on the bed near me. He reached out and touched the back of my hand stroking gently. I turned mine over so I could hold his and he smiled softly.

"I didn't know Nan would be turning up this morning. Truly though she is going to love you. Why don't you go have a shower and then we'll go down and meet her together." He murmured.

He leaned in closer to kiss my lips gently. I moved closer to him, loving the feel of his fingers letting my hair out before threading through it. His hand never once let go of mine as he deepened the kiss and I felt my stomach flutter as did my heart.

"Mmmm I could kiss you all day quite happily my Eileenia, but as we have guests I feel that's not going to be considered terribly appropriate." He told me with a chuckle as he gently pulled away "I'll come back when you're ready okay." He said as he stroked his finger along my cheek and I just nodded.

I got out of the shower but still felt incredibly tense. I wasn't sure if it was due to all the people who had been in that room or that the Queen of Argonia had been sitting casually and talking normally. I walked back into my room lost in my thoughts about what clothing would be appropriate for meeting a Queen, only to find Hayden waiting for me.

His eyes locked onto me with their brown warmth melting me where I stood. I paused for a moment before I realised I only had a towel covering me and I scurried back into the bathroom. I heard him groan from behind me but I kept moving. I leaned my forehead on the door feeling like I wanted to bang my head against it. A knock on the door was the only thing that made me move.