Chapter 62

Soraru pushed Anku to the side, dusting off his clothes before he smiled at Kashitaro. It was more of a baring of the teeth, in which Kashitaro oh-so-gracefully responded with a grin of his own. "finally, we meet again," he says cheerfully, pushing his way into the small home.

       The room went cold, either from the force of Soraru's glare, but Kashitaro ignored it in the favour of nestling into the couch. "after all these years, the couch and everything still screams home to me," he says, a smile tugging at the corner of his lips. Soraru and Anku followed suit, the former sitting at the one-seat couch while Anku perched on the chair next to him.

       "remind me to burn it after he left, Anku," Soraru says, and the blonde grins, bobbing his head a little. Kashitaro sighs. "this is not what I came for," he says, but Soraru huffed out a laugh. "oh?" his voice is hoarse, but Soraru met Kashitaro's eyes. "what you came for? Tear down more relationships? Burn more bridges between us? Brag about your latest conquest?" his voice is bitter, the words scraping against the other's ears like glass.

        Kashitaro ignored them all, moving towards them a little but stopping once Anku aimed the gun at him. "one more step and I'll blow your head to bits," he warned, his voice cold. "we used to be such good friends," Kashitaro murmurs, dropping his hands at his sides.

       "until you burned everything down," Anku sneered, but Soraru sighs. "what do you want, Kashi?" he asks, and Kashitaro spread his arms wide. "let's forget about everything. I propose a truce," he says, eyes wide with sincerity. Soraru felt Anku soften, just a little, before hardening again. Stilling himself for what that will happen. "that isn't possible." Soraru replies, looking towards the window. "I missed us, Sora, I missed our days together," Kashitaro's voice broke at that, but Soraru scoffed.

        "we could have been together," he conceded, glancing up to meet Kashitaro's eyes. He felt Anku's eyes on him, searching for any signs of.. anything, at all. But he pushed forward. "but you chose them over us." the statement was unfeeling, devoid of any emotions. Soraru leaned forward, holding his gaze. "you choose the other gang over us, your blood brothers. You betrayed our gang. You killed one of my members. You liar. " his voice remained calm, cold, stiff. He felt Anku's hand grasping his shoulder, but he shook it off.

        Soraru stood up, and Kashitaro followed, taking a step back. The shorter laughed, before he continues, "don't you remember? We sworn in as blood brothers. You promised to take care of us in the gang. You got us in this mess." he clasped his hands in front of him, as if he was in prayer. Although all of them know that he, out of the three of them, will never pray for any form of salvation.

         "and then what? You left us," he spits out, as if it was poison. "you left us. You know how much we suffered when you left? You broke us. You broke everything. Our dreams.. do you know I've never wished for this life? I wanted us to live a safe life, one that Anku is protected, safe, one that we are happy. I want us to get stable jobs, live together, maybe adopt a kid, not this dangerous life!" his voice is rising, but Anku wrapped a gentle hand around his arm, a silent plea to get him to calm down.

        "I'm so sorry-" Kashitaro starts, his eyes wide with- with fear. But Soraru ignored it, as he pulled out a gun. "surely you've seen this coming," he says plainly, Anku watching him with wide eyes. "surely you've prepared yourself." "sora-" "don't call me that," he hissed, eyes dark with anger, he made himself look into Kashitaro's eyes, prepared himself mentally and..

And he pulled the trigger.