Chapter 20

Anku walked into the small apartment, dropping his bag and coat on the floor. "Krad?" He called, closing his eyes briefly as his voice break at the end. He pulled off his socks, throwing them into the laundry basket and padded into the living room, seeing the said male on the couch.
         Kradness' shoulders are shaking slightly, and Anku bit his lip, nearing the older. "H-hey?" He asked again, feeling tears rise up. "What?" Kradness snapped back, sniffling as he shifted to face Anku. He watched as the blonde took in a deep breath, clasping his hands together to keep them from shaking. "Yo-you heard..didn't you?" He whispered, and Kradness averted his gaze, nodding slowly.
          "You did that again," his voice is flat, and he observed how Anku's tears dripped from his eyes. "I'm sorry," he whispered, his voice cracking and the blonde hid his face in his hands, body shaking violently from the sobs. Kradness shook his head, nearing Anku and hugging him tightly. "Hey- it's okay. You can- we can get through this, baby," he whispered to Anku, kissing him on the cheek.
          "L-Luz hates me now," Anku whimpered in response, and Kradness shushed him, holding his closer to himself. "Go to sleep, alright? You're tired, baby, rest up." The older mumbled, and Anku hiccuped, tears still flowing freely as he cried himself to sleep.
         Once Kradness made sure that the blonde is asleep, he placed him gently on the couch and padded to the kitchen, where he fumbled with his phone, pressing Luz's number on his speed dial. "Hello?" "Where the fuck are you?" Kradness blurted out, as he grabbed the milk from the refrigerator and setting it down on the kitchen island.
         "Why?" Luz sounded suspicious, and Kradness narrowed his eyes. "Your dumb ass decided its good to tell Anku you hate him?" He asked, as he pulled a glass from the cabinets. "It's just... mood problems. I'm sorry, I didn't realize."  Luz sounded genuinely sorry, but Kradness scowled. "Sorry isn't gonna cut it this time, Luz. You know he can deal with this kind of things. You're the next person he depended on, and now, I don't think you can get it back."
        "I'm coming home, oh my god, krad, what've I done?" Kradness scoffed. "Ask yourself. Actually, just go and kill yourself," he snarled, and hung up, placing his phone on the granite surface. He sighed, before picking up the carton of milk, pouring it into the glass. After that, he opened another cabinet, grabbing a packet of chocolate chip cookies. He opened it, and took some out, placing it on a plate and taking it out to the living room.

        Then, he took a cloth and ran it under the water, before leaning down and wiping Anku's face slowly. The blonde stirred, opening his eyes to look at Kradness. "Hey," he croaked out, and Kradness smiled. "I got you some cookies and milk, baby," he cooed, and Anku sat up with a smile. "I'm not a child, krad," he says softly, and the said male rolled his eyes. "You're my baby," he countered, and propped his head on a hand as he gazed at the blonde lovingly.
         "You aren't angry?" Anku asked meekly, and Kradness gave a helpless shrug. "It's already done, just promise me you'll try your best not to do it again?" He replied, and the blonde nods. "Promise," he said sleepily after he drank the milk, his eyes drooping, and Kradness resisted the urge to squeal at the sheer cuteness.
           He carried him to the bedroom and set him down, kissing him on the lips. "Baby, sleep, okay?" He asked, and Anku nodded, snuggling into his pillow. It was minutes later that he started to sleep, soft snores escaping his lips. Kradness kissed him again on the forehead, earning a low murmur from the younger and sighed. "I love you, baby," he whispered, and walked out of the door silently.

A/N : fluffy moment with this pairing here uwu

-Aru