May We Meet Again

Start from the beginning

"Stay strong." Kane spoke admiring the warrior in front of him. Lincoln had always stood for what he believed in and that's what made his will to fight so strong.

'You too." Lincoln replied back before turning and leaving them to go.

As he walked the hall, he thought of his life and all that had happened in it. He thought of his sister and how she loved the butterfly field. How he held her at night when the ghosts of her kills came to haunt her. He was proud of the woman and warrior she had become. He wished to see her children grow and help instill the knowledge they knew in them. His only hope was that she was kept from becoming the monster that lurked inside them. Their father's spirit lingered inside them making them stronger and ruthless than any warrior ever seen. But the kind heart of their mother kept them from that path.

Pike and a load of guards approached him as he held his arm out wide and got to his knees. He would meet his death with no fear in his eyes. He would accept it for the sake of other's lives.

Next he thought of Octavia and how lucky he was to have her. From the moment he saw her, he saw the beauty in her soul. The once scared girl now not afraid of a fight. They had faced challenges but were able to make it through with them side by side. Her strength would only grow until she became a leader once would need.

They had taken him out to the patch where Alec once laid. His eyes glanced over the blood of his fallen friend. Alec had been true and loyal to their clan and his love for Nia. He hadn't deserved the death he was given. He should have been fighting to protect the ones he loved not taken to his knees.

The chancellor spoke to him but he had no words for him. He glanced up at the sky and saw the girls he loved. "May we meet again."

The sound of the gun echoed around them as the group that had escaped watched the warrior fall to his side. A loyal friend died to save others. May his spirit live on in those he touched around him.

Life was changing for Nia as she felt it stir inside her. She was a person who cared deeply for those she loved. Her spirit struggling with it's hold as another fought to dominate. The other enraged with what others had done to her people, her friends. But the one holding on was because of the one person she couldn't bear to look at. He had betrayed her trust and acted against her. But still the love she held for him burned inside her.

She wanted to cry, scream, or shout but instead remained silent as she battled her demons. She remember the time when the darkness won. Her small number of markings grew in a day before Lexa pulled her back into herself. She had fought endless to keep it hidden but with a friend gone and her family captured, she was losing her grip.

It was till she heard the horn that she knew her battle would be at an end. The horn that only had one meaning as it was carried through the trees. Another part chipped away as she thought of it.

Lexa, her commander, her friend, her sister, gone. Taken from her without her knowledge. The two were born together and survived together. She remembered their training before Lexa was taken in and how glad she was when the girl would return to train with her again. How they loved the forest and how free it had been. Then Lexa was called to lead and Nia swore to be by her side. They had fought wars together and loved one another. Now, she would only remain in her memories.

She bowed her head and whispered to the wind, "Your fight is over." 

Indra was grabbing her things ready to leave once she heard the horn born through. All their initial thoughts were of Nia and if she had heard. Not a moment later she entered and grabbed her bag as well.

"What is it?" Bellamy asked still confused at the horn and their movements.

"A new commander has risen." Indra informed her eyes settled on Nia.

Bellamy looked at her as well and was overcome with guilt. Another person had been taken from her and he wasn't able to comfort her. "Nia." He said carefully but received no answer. He wanted her to respond in any way. But he wanted to hold her and comfort her in any way she needed. But it wasn't the comfort she needed. Indra began to move toward the entrance and he knew what they would do.

"You're running away?" Bellamy questioned before continuing. He was angry at the fact that his sister is on a suicide mission and he was trapped. He was angry that Nia wouldn't look at him let alone speak to him. So he did what he did best, he lashed out. "Just like Mount Weather, huh? Maybe this time, Octavia will get it. Your loyalty will always be to your people."

"Octavia is my people." Indra fired back. She wouldn't let him spill poison in the girl's ear. Their commander was dead and a new one would rise. They needed to find out as much as they could.

"Then take these chains off me, and we can help her together." He tried to persuade but there was nothing they could do.

"Tell her I'm sorry." Indra told him before walking out of the cave. She would wait for Nia outside and allow her the time she needed.

The girls had been packing their things when Nia stopped their movements. She held a look that told them they wouldn't be following behind.

"Nia-" Fox tried to speak but Nia wouldn't let her.

"You are to stay here and wait for Lincoln. He's the only one I trust to keep you safe." Nia instructed. Something told her to leave them there, that only harm would come if they followed her out and she would not allow that to happen. She took a breath before speaking to them again. "If Lincoln doesn't show, you know where to go."

She had shown them the way to the cave she once called home. It was isolated and a place where no one would venture. If anything happened they would remain there until Nia came for them. She placed a hand on their cheeks and took in their faces.

"My girls. My beautiful strong girls. May we meet again." She spoke softly but enough for them to hear. She gave them a kiss on the forehead and left behind Indra.

The words lingered in the air as laid heavily among them. Everything had changed.

A