May We Meet Again

Start from the beginning

"We are running out of time. Cut me loose. She could die in there." Bellamy was determined to find a way to help his sister save the others.

But to them he couldn't be trusted. He did after all help Pike kill the army.

"Then Octavia kom Skaikru will earn the warrior's death you denied me." Indra stated still standing by their decision to leave him chained.

Meanwhile, back inside Arkadia their escape had been going as plan at least till the last minute. Their escape route was blocked until Monty's voice came over the radio steering the guard's in a different direction. This allowed them to get to the crawlspace that lead to their freedom.

They would live to see another day but that was not what Pike wanted. He still wanted to make an example to cause the fear in people so that their trust still laid in him. So he thought of way to achieve that.

"I have a message for the traitors in this camp. There will be an execution today. Either turn yourselves in or the other Grounder prisoners will die in your place." He had used this plan before to get Lincoln to give himself up for the sake of his people. And with Kane being empathic for the Grounders, one of them was bound to give themselves up.

Lincoln, Kane, and Octavia had been listening to the radio as they almost got into the crawlspace. Octavia feared the worst as she tried to hurry and get Lincoln inside.

"Let's go." Octavia grabbed ahold of his arm but Lincoln pulled back. She dreaded the look she saw in his eyes. "No, wait." She stopped him before he could walk away.

"I can't let them die because of me." Lincoln made his decision his only regret would be to not say good-bye to his sister.

"Lincoln, please. We're almost out. Nia's pregnant and she needs you." Octavia tried to plead with him hoping he'd come with her. By revealing the current state of his sister she'd hope he'd change his mind and go to her.

The news of Nia was rather shocking to Lincoln. He had not expected to hear such news in that manner. He saw how Nia acted with Jade and Fox and knew that one day she would be a great mother to her own. But what he had not pictured was he wouldn't be able to see her become one. Or even to see how the child would grow. The thought made his heart clench but he couldn't allow others who are innocent be killed because of him leaving. He wouldn't live with that guilt.

"I know what you're feeling, but they're searching the station. We need to go, now." Kane tried to persuade the warrior into coming with them.

"You should." Lincoln finalized his decision to them. He would give himself up for the others there. He could only hope that Nia would understand.

"Fine. I'm going with you. We fight together." Octavia said not wanting to lose him this way but if he chose to do this she would be there with him.

"I love you." Lincoln told her as he admired the strong spirit inside her. That's what he loved about her, her strength that had only deepen since her time on the ground.

They shared a kiss to seal their love but Lincoln would not allow her to sacrifice herself like he would for them. She had a whole life to live and he would not be the cause of a short life for her. He grabbed ahold of the reaper stick that hung on her belt and gave her the dosage.

"No." Octavia gasped out once she realized what he had done. She would lost the man she loved. But her world faded into darkness as Lincoln caught her.

"What are you doing?" Kane asked surprised at what he had done.

"The same thing you'd do for your people. Just get her out of here." Lincoln told him knowing he'd have an understanding. A part of him grateful to be able to spend his last moments looking at the one he loved but there was another one dear to him who would never get the same option. "Tell Nia, I love you and I'll always been watching out for her." He told Kane wishing he could see the girl one last time.