Chapter 16: Second chance

Simon's pov:

I've just felt something odd, GUILT, I could have taken the mission myself but I wanted to train him and because of that.........I can still do something.....I'll...I'll rewind time!
I concentrated my power in one specific point of space and time and I saw a reversed explosion. I now have ten seconds before I run out of powers.
I rushed toward the building, passing through it, and I arrived in the laboratory. I was using all the speed I got so nothing was moving. I pick up y/n And saw a scientist with a timer at 1 second. I ran out of the building, time went by normally, the explosion occured and y/n didn't die.

Y/n's pov:

W-What? What happened? I was in there a second ago...
I looked to my right to see Simon, on the ground, exhausted.

Y/n: What happened?

He looked at me, tiredly.

Simon: I saw you die so I went back in time to save you....this fight will be yours, going back in time disable my powers for a day....

Y/n: O-ok....

Out of the flames, we saw something approaching, it emerged from the flames. It was my clone.

Y/n: Are you the final boss?

Clone: You are gonna die....

Y/n: Indeed

The clone rushed at you at great speed sending a punch to your stomach. You crashed on the walls and pushed yourself up, rushing at him. He took a metal bar from the ground so you took your sword and shield. He swung the metal piece at you and while you deflected it with the shield, you swung the sword at him. You separated his arm from his body but the arm dissolved into nothingness and an other arm had grown on the clone.

Y/n: You'll be a challenge.

Clone: Killing you is full time job.

Y/n: They didn't put a brain in it huh?

You kicked him in the guts but that didn't do a thing as he grabbed your leg, pinned you to the ground and pierced you with the metal bar. You were going through intense pain right now. You swung your sword at him making him stumble back and you got rid of the metal bar, making you bleed.

Y/n: I hate cities.....

You swung multiple time your sword at him, he parried each one of them and attacked you. You used your shield once more but he kicked it away.

Y/n: Let's make this fair.

You threw the sword asside and went for a hand to hand combat. Sending a right hook, you doged an upercut and lunched a punch that connected to his face. It lunched him several feets away.

Y/n: Getting tired?

He grunted and rushed once again but you tripped him and punched him in the face once again, this time, making a small crater on the ground. He slowly got up but something was different, like if he wasn't the same.....
You received a punch faster than you could antisipate and was now flying. He kneed you on the back and you came smashing on the ground.

Clone: Getting tired?

Y/n: *huff*Fuck you....

You got up and started to power up.

Y/n: Let's go somewhere else, without obstacles....

You went light speed to a desert area, he followed you, good, you continued to power up, almost reaching the spot you don't want to reach.

Y/n: I'll have to go full force, I'm sorry for you clone....

You power up again but this time, your aura changed and you slowly lost control.