27.

Jamie tried his best to get more time off work but they insisted he attended a couple of meetings, so unfortunately he has to leave me this morning.

"I'll be back as soon as I can, I promise," he said slipping on his jacket.

"It's okay, I understand," I nodded.

"Do you want anything? I can pop to yours on my way back if you want."

"Yes please. I've probably got enough clothes in the bag I packed for yours, my wash bag is in your bathroom."

"Alright, I'm going home for a shower before my meeting so I'll get them then."

"Thank you," I smiled.

"You're welcome. I'll see you soon," he said kissing my forehead before scurrying out.

I don't want him to go but his career is important and comes with more responsibilities than most nine till five jobs.

"Good morning," a nurse smiled pushing open the double doors.

"Morning," I replied.

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine."

"I've just came to change this dressing and see how you're healing," she explained.

"Okay. Have you seen Charleigh this morning? My baby."

"Yes I have, she's doing well. It's a beautiful name."

"Thanks," I smiled. "My friends are coming to see me later, can they see her?"

"Not just yet, but you can take some pictures."

"Okay."

"Right, thats all changed and healing nicely. Are you keeping mobile?" she asked.

"I've been to the special care unit."

"Take short walks around the hospital, it will do you good," she smiled.

I looked down at myself and felt worse about my appearance than I ever have. This gown is horrible, my hair is like straw and my eyes still have traces of mascara rubbing off. I've only had a quick wash and I'm dying for a nice shower or bath! I hope Jamie comes back with my bag soon.

After the nurse left I dragged myself out of bed and made my way down the corridor to special care. I could sit all day and watch Charleigh's little chest move up and down, and her tiny toes and fingers wriggle.

~

"Excuse me?" another nurse smiled at the double doors.

"Yes?" I replied.

"There's two visitors for you Tiffany."

"Is that time already?"

"They're waiting by your bed."

"Thanks," I smiled.

I said goodbye to Charleigh and made my way back to my bed. As I expected, Lewis and Amy stood there with a bunch of flowers.

"Hello you," Amy spoke first.

"Hiya."

"How are you feeling babe?" Lewis asked.

"I'm okay. Please excuse the state of me," I said hugging them both.

"Don't be silly, you should be so proud of yourself from what Jamie has told us."

I just smiled climbing back on my bed.

"How is she?" Amy asked.

"Stable but very tiny. It's so horrible to see her attached to all those tubes guys."

"I know, but they're making her better."

"She's beautiful."

"Have you named her?"

"Charleigh May," I nodded.

"That's gorgeous babe!'

"You're not allowed to see her yet but I'll ask Jamie to take a picture later."

"Where is he?" Lewis asked.

"He's had to go into work for a couple of meetings, but he's going to pop home and pack me a bag."

"I didn't think to bring anything like that," Amy said.

"No because you were fussing over those flowers," Lewis teased.

"Here, I forgot to give you them after all that too," she said putting them on the bedside table.

"Thank you, they're lovely," I smiled.

"How has Jamie been?"

"Amazing. I couldn't have done it without him, I've been so scared."

"You've had us all worried. It was such a shock when Jamie rang to say you're in hospital, we weren't expecting that call for another two months."

"I know," I shrugged. "I felt ill as I left yours and then through the night I started bleeding, I thought I was losing her."

"You were bound to panic, but at least she's here now," Amy said rubbing my hand.

"Is anyone else coming to see you?" Lewis asked.

"Mum and Dad are this evening, I'm hoping Jamie's back by then considering I stormed out of the house the last time I saw them."

"It will be fine now the baby is here, things will change."

"That's what Jamie keeps telling me," I mumbled.

"Well you've got everything ahead of you now. Think positive and you'll all be home before you know it," Amy smiled.

I hope she's right. Charleigh is so small and prone to infections at this stage, I hope she takes after me and is stronger than she looks.