Chapter 3

Calm Before The Storm
A New Hero

"It's always hard to deal with injuries mentally, but I like to think about it as a new beginning. I can't change what happened, so the focus needs to go toward healing and coming back stronger than before."
- Carli Lloyd-

Key
'Hey' - Thoughts
"Everyone!" - Normal Speech
"Thanks" - Electronic
*For* - Sound Effects or Actions
"Reading!" - Super Moves or Author

~ A new story has begun ~

The next day, Izuku went through the same old, same old, boring classes before he was finally let out and went to the police station to find whoever Detective Tsukauchi is. But when he entered, a receptionist at the desk already asked him if he needed something. "Young man, how can I help you?" She asked as the woman had black hair and hazel eyes, but would blend in with most crowds of people.

"Yeah, I need to meet with a Detective Tsukauchi. Are they here?" He asked as the woman pulled up a phone a dialed a quick number. Shortly after, a black-haired man with black eyes who wore a tan or beige colored trenchcoat and hat, but some slacks and a dress shirt underneath that.

"Izuku Midoriya? *Izuku nods* Follow me then." He said as Izuku followed him to a simple and slightly messy office where Tsukauchi (that's his last name) sat down behind the desk while Izuku sat across the desk from him. "You're here to get that form for your license, right?"

"Yes," he said before being given a few papers on a clipboard.

"Fill these out and I'll give you your license."

In a matter of minutes, Izuku filled out some basic information about himself like his date of birth, address, and many other things. And he received his license which somehow got a mug shot of him, but everyone knows it was through anime logic and fanfiction realism. Though, he decided to just walk home without questioning the picture but kept on the lookout for a villain. Of course, there was a villain who just stopped downtown traffic with a giant flytrap sprouting in the middle of the street.

"Come on, where are the heroes!?" He called out from the confines of the flytrap's jaws or leaf objects. "At this rate, I should've just taken the bank!" He joked a bit as Death Arms tried to get close, but another flytrap burst from the ground and almost snapped him in half, had he not kept the jaws open.

Out of instinct, Izuku went into an alley and changed out of his uniform into a hoodie and jeans, leaving his clothes in his oversized backpack in the alley. Bursting through the alley, Izuku was encased in his Star Shroud as his hoodie only left his eyes to be seen by their green glow, but he jumped onto a lamppost before he stood on it calmly.

"Hey, Green Thumb! You want a hero, well here I am!" Izuku shouted before jumping towards the giant flytrap but went over it as he reeled his fist back and punched right when he was above the monstrosity of a plant. Which not only released its jaws but caused the villain to fly towards the ground and break apart the stem until he was unconscious on the ground. "Death Arms, you okay?" He asked as the other hero broke the flytrap still trying to bite him.

"Yeah, kid. Thanks for the save, but didn't we tell you to stay out of trouble." He replied as Izuku just laughed a bit.

"I'm a hero, my job is to help people. And I hope you aren't mad about me taking down the villain for you." He said as he jumped into the alley and grabbed his stuff, but was stopped by the cops who didn't see the fight.

"Hands in the air! Right where we can see them!" One of them called out.

In response, Izuku turned around and put his hands in the air. "Sorry, you need to see my hero license or something?" He asked almost sarcastically as he grabbed his new license and threw it towards the small group of officers.