6. new dawn

---------------\\ N E W D A W N //---------------

The devil was nervous. That's a lie - it's a sin to lie, don't you know? Well of course he does. He's the devil. He wasn't really nervous. No, he was guilty. Very guilty. That's not a lie.

Dante was at the small unnoticeably bar in the back part of town. He had managed to work out the underground, to his astonishment and he ended up here, at this bar; a little dark and a tiny bit seedy. At least that was Dante's opinion. It amazed him how he gravitated to these kind of places when he was depressed. Now, he was drinking his guilt, love, lust, away. If only for a night at least. He would have to go and see Alex again.

"I want to make a proposition" a small voice nagged, unsure. This didn't matter to the Dante, who was trying to think. Voices often whispered in his ears.

His entire plan had just gone up in smoke. It was a good plan which would have burned successfully but, it had disappeared with the guilt that filled him. He that it wouldn't, because he had all read put it into play. It would come round again and bite him. It had happened before in his existence. Dante felt so old. He had been around for, well, he couldn't really think how long. Just long enough that he forgot when he had begun existing.

Existing if such a horrible word. In fact it meant, the devil had just appeared one day - with a loud pop, and some flames, quite dramatic.

"I want to make a bet," the girl repeated, stronger this time, more sure. It was a voice from reality.

"You want to make a bet with the devil?" his companion pack of Cards said, currently jack of hearts. "Kill me now!"

Cards had never been the one to skip the drama. It amused the pack as did his many personalities. 52 in fact. He must be thinking of changing to the joker soon.

The devil had snapped out of his thinking trance and came back. Dante need something to do. He would get fidgety and confess and take the crime if he sat and wait for his plan to proceed. What he needed was a distraction. Why this girl would be perfect.

"You can't die, Cards," Dante said to Cards resting on the bar.

The girl signed. And repeated, again "I want to make a proposition with you."

Dante apparently heard it that time, "Pardon me?"

Cards immediately spoke up, he knew how his master got, after too many drinks, "She said-"

"I know what she said" Dante snapped at his Cards, "What do you propose?"

the girl stopped, she had never expected the devil to actually talk to her, let alone take up her proposition. She needed to think of something to stall. So she could think, and the first came into her head she spilled it.

"I bet that I make your plan go smoothly."

He laughted haughtily, "Hear that cards?!"

The question, struck him. How did the girl recognise him, let alone see Cards.

"What plan?" Dante demanded, his eyes narrowing.

"You want to bring Ceci down and I want a better job." he nodded slowly in acknowledge meant of the girl's explanation.

"Dante T. Devil, Junior Assistant Barrister, Heir to the 9th Galaxy." he offered his hand as she sat down on the stool beside him.

"Lucy, just Lucy, Assistant Manager of Earth Legacy Corporation." Lucy shook Dante's hand. She was a pretty little thing; brown hair with bright blue eyes, short enough to just reach his shoulder. Obviously one of Ceci's little minions.