Chapter 34

Four days later Jefferson headed back to his boss as Joline endured her daily routine. Most of the day at school her mind was in a fog of rambling thought patterns. By 5th period English she was watching the large round white clock on the wall as if it were a time bomb ready to explode. She couldn't wait to get through another day of high-school and go home. Joline didn't hate it, but today she didn't want to be there. She learned far more important things at home.

          By the time the three o'clock bell rang she was more than ready to get the hell out of there. One of the first kids out the door, not even stopping at the lockers but headed through the double doors in the back of the school. Cutting across the football field; then on to the six blocks until she reached the house. 

"Whew another week over with," She told the foyer as soon as she opened the door. Making a straight shot for the kitchen she grabbed a chocolate bar, two cokes and bag of chips, then darted off into her own little world. 

Joline let out a sigh of relief , dropping her over stuffed book bag onto the bed; letting it slide off of the shoulder. Plopping down in the dead center of the bed. She sprawled out everything she'd need for a nice quiet Friday night alone. 

She barely spoke to anyone at school anymore, not that she was miss popular, there were a few she used to talk to every now and again. Joline didn't really miss them. She had Veronica and the magic. Cracking open the first can of coke looking around her bed cluttered in a perfect circle of snacks school work, supplies and her magical objects. 

                         Getting started she worked through her English homework quickly. Then onto her favorite subject, art. The assignment was to do a portrait of someone they knew. Closing her eyes, forcing a vision of veronica, she began the three hour sketching project. Putting a small castle on a large hill in the background, if nothing else it may get a decent grade.

Then replaced everything back into her bag and chucked it onto the floor with a thump. 

"Good that's out of the way, now onto the real studying." She told herself.