Chapter 16

Three days later Joline was no longer worried over the voices. She readily convinced herself she must have been sleepwalking during a truly vivid dream.  To keep from over thinking the experience, Joline keep busy with her spellbooks and art work.  She'd even started drawing potriats of her dreams as well as writing them out and researching it.  As she stayed buried in her latest book of meditation, Jefferson watched over her. 

He let out a sigh of relief. She hadn't gone crazy and still had been working with her magic. He hadn't caused any real trouble. That alone should please Jameson, whenever he returned from checking on the other gifted mortals. 

Jefferson didn't know the punishment for screwing up a person's life path, but was sure it wasn't good. Relieved that she was taking an interest in magic again, he relaxed and watched over her. He kept a close watch and that evening finally his mentor had returned. 

Jefferson smiled brightly like a child seeing their father at the end of the day. However his elder hadn't seemed the same as when he'd left. Something wasn't right with him. Jefferson could just sense it. Jameson looked panic stricken, like a mortal in the middle of a nervous breakdown. 

"Sir good to see you again. Is something wrong?" Jefferson asked a little worried. 

For a long moment Jameson didn't speak a single word, as if he were unsure how to put it into words. After a solid ten minutes of staring off into the great beyond, finally he spoke. 

  "Is the girl okay?" He asked to switch the topic. 

"She's still doing magic, no signs of mental illness. Joline is fine. Now tell me what's going on sir." Jefferson demanded with a glare. 

"It's not easy to say. This information could lead to a full on Armageddon on earth." Jameson told him in a loud whisper.

"Just relax and then tell me what needs to be said." Jefferson told him in a soothing manner.

"Have you heard of AA?" He asked his student.

Alcoholics Anonymous?" He asked.

"No the Angel's Alliance." He corrected him. 

No sir I have not." He answered.

"They help souls that didn't quite make it to heaven or angelic status." He slowly explained.

"I'm with you so far." 

"They have put together a demon forgiveness program."  Jameson revealed to him.