Chapter 21

As the next couple of weeks slipped past them, Jameson worried a little less and prepared a little more. He didn't know what to expect from this forgiveness program and it scared him. He wished and hoped for the best or at least for things to turn out better than he feared. That was all he could really do now. 

  He'd been a spirit guide for over a hundred years, yet completely unsure as to how to handle this situation before him. The only thought keeping his nerves in tact, was that his magical humans were all on the right track, exactly where they should be. It was a small comfort to him, but it helped. Another ten minutes of deep thought he came to a realization. Is there still enough good left in the world of mortal men to keep the dark souls from taking over? If nothing else he had to believe it. 

Glancing over to Jefferson and back again. He hoped when the time came that the apprentice would do what was meant to be and follow his own spirit's path. Things were calm and serene. It spooked Jameson. That's usually when everything would fall apart and he knew it. 

What did he really expect? It was only a small number of dark souls not the entire contents of the underworld. It wasn't going to rain fire the moment these souls made it to the earthly plane. He relaxed, knowing his young friend was probably right. Things wouldn't turn out that horrible. Maybe the worst will be nothing more than dealing with a troubled teenager. 

As the days went on, Jefferson kept a close eye on Joline, who had been devoting al of her free time to studying, practicing and harnessing her magic. Jefferson smiled and headed back to the tree.