Chapter 26

A few days later Jefferson left Newton to the care of his elder. He'd been meaning to peek in on Joline for months now. e felt like a bad to be spirit guide. He kept a quick pace just in case she was in any sort of trouble that he might not know about. 

  When he had made it to the house it wasn't long after She had returned from school. He stayed outside of the rear facing window. Her magical abilities were growing by the second and she could probably sense him if he went in. He watched as she went over notes and school books for about an hour. Then she'd put those back, replacing them with spell books and magical items sprawled across the bed. 

He couldn't figure out why but had a feeling something wasn't quite right. He couldn't place it. He then thought maybe it was his panic mode imagination and guilt from not being around more often. He stayed watching over her for a couple of hours, just to make sure he didn't notice anything out of the ordinary with the girl. He watched her light candles, meditate and bury herself into the spell book. 

Everything seemed fine with the girl, Jefferson headed back to baby Newton and Jameson who had stayed with the boy as much as possible. It was mainly out of his own fears. Fear of the unknown. Fear of what's to come from the boy with age. He didn't know if he'd be dealing with his own anxiety or a full blown Armageddon on earth.

            By the time Jefferson made it back, baby newton was sleeping in his crib much earlier than most nights. Jameson was more than relieved, especially when he saw his apprentice return. 

"Oh good you've returned. How is she?" Jameson asked, happy to worry about anything other than Newton.

"She's doing fine, her abilities are advancing quickly."  

"Oh good to hear." The elder replied.

"What of Newton?" 

"He's fine sleeping in the crib." Jameson told him, pointing to the nursery.

"That's a relief." 

"You have no idea.: The elder told him.