POBACW #7 : Round and Round We Go

#7 Round and Round We Go:

I have come across this a number of times on Wattpad, and I too am guilty of this >-< lol!  I have a tendency of using the same sentence twice or thrice (in different paragraphs) and changing a few words, to make them sound different and yet hold the same meaning. For example: In my book ‘AURORA’ I have described Isabella as being scared with the way her hands tremble and she clutches her brother’s shoulder (in one of the chapters) and I have again mentioned that she is frightened in the next paragraph (*sighs and shakes head* I have to really edit that stuff) >-< !

Also, other Wattpad writers (now I am not going to separate them out as teens and adults, that’s stupid, all writers make mistakes hmph :P) have this tendency of mentioning what dress the MC is wearing in extreme detail and then also put in more details between the dialogue (this I hate…a lot). For example, Irene is wearing a blue evening gown and she is waiting for her prince. When the prince arrives, she is adjusting her dress and the colorful beads on the silk materials and blah blah blah lol! I just can’t read any further. If it’s important, if the so called dress is important then by all means, describe it, but do so in bits and pieces. Do not dump the entire description in one big paragraph, that is annoying >-< !

You could describe part of the dress through the MC’s eyes and the other part through the prince’s eyes ^-^ that would do the trick. But do keep in mind, to stay away from head hopping or else your reader may get confused ^^. I have also scene good writers (the one with bright red reads…yeah those *sighs*) describe the outfits when the reader is expecting some kind of action scene in the chapter – I don’t like that at all, it kinda cuts off my link to the characters and what’s going on in the chapter *sighs* of course, I do agree it’s important and you can’t have the readers thinking your characters are always naked lol! But yes, use the description, where necessary or just go along with the clothes you described two chapters back, I am sure the readers will remember ^-^ !

That's all for now ^^

Post your thoughts in the comments section below, I would love to hear from you'll :P !!