POBACW #4 : Bits and pieces and thy Notes

#4 Bits and pieces and thy Notes:

I am terrible at planning my stories, and if I do plan something, I (unfortunately) never follow it lol! However, that doesn’t stop my brain from sprouting new ideas every few seconds. Believe it or not, as of now, I have three trilogies (yes >-< 3 separate trilogies to work on) and 19 or so stories to write (some I have started but some are still in the primary stages of development). Now did you notice that, I never actually said anything about sitting down and planning my story (each and every one of them *whispers* oh…the horrors 0_0) so, I end up doing the next best thing (the closest thing I had ever get to planning a story or making an outline and the sorts). You want to know about it? You do :P ? It’s nothing special, but I’ll share it with you guys anyways lol!

Every new idea goes into a new folder, with its new title (of course the story title) and the basic things that should and should not happen in the story. This always keeps changing, hence one document per idea (now imagine how many Word documents much be scattered on my laptop *sighs*). Even so, I never go according to what I write. In fact, I simply jot down what are the important points, the characters and what I want to do with them (kill them, turn them into demons or best yet...cut them to pieces *whispers* that wasn’t me >-< that was Ejah! I swear!).

*coughs* Yeah so, back to the initial topic…

Since I have so many varied idea, I take my own sweet time to think up unique names, and write what goes on in the first book, second book and then the third (in case of trilogies). I do have a habit of making a basic outline for the chapters (thank god! Lol!) but again, it’s only a line or two (no dialogues or arcs as to how the chapters would shape). I read somewhere (probably a good writing guide) that a chapter should have a beginning, a middle and an end (just like your story). I usually keep that in mind and decide, how I want to start a chapter and how I want to end it ^^ (as in most cases, I end up with a cliff-hanger *whispers* I am kinda obsessed with them lol!).

So…that’s all I gotta say for now. And oh, did you know that this book is ranked -- [Random #390 / Humor #647] *jumps up and down in excitement* and I have no idea why lol! Anyways, I hope to hear from you’ll soon :) !

Post your thoughts in the comments section below, I would love to hear from you'll :P !!