True Love

Newt's Point Of View

I woke up and found Y/N sitting in a chair next to me. She was asleep, leaning over so that her head and stomach were resting on the bed. Her hand was in mine and I smiled. But then my gaze moved to my leg, the bandage wrapped round it was covered in blood, and frowned. Y/N squeezed my hand, waking up and lifted her head to look at me. Her eyes were narrowed, just adjusting to the light and one side of her face was redder than the other from pressing against the bed. She leaned over me and placed a kiss on my forehead.
"I'm so sorry about yesterday" she whispered, her lips brushing my skin.
"You have every right to be annoyed at me" I mumbled, "I eas an idiot"
"You were" she agreed, "I just don't understand why you did it!"
"It's hard to explain" I answered, softly, "Especially to you"
"Why do I make any difference?" she questioned, scrunching her eyebrows together in confusion.
"Because I'll need to find a way to explain without upsetting you" I murmured.
"No matter how you word it, it'll upset me" she admitted gently, perching on the edge of the bed so she sat next to me, "Tell me"
I pulled her closer to me so that our noses were touching.
"I hate it here Y/N" I whispered sadly, "I hate every minute I have to spend in this shuck place. Every day is a reminder that we're stuck here. And every day I ran the maze with Minho or you or Alex, it just made it sink in even further."
"You should've said something" she breathed, holding my face in her hands, "You should've said you were feeling this way"
I laughed humourlessly, "Y/N, I'm the second in command. I can't be seen as a wimp"
"No one would--" she began but I cut her off.
"You're the only thing that keeps me here. Without you I'm nothing. I thought I'd lost you and I couldn't handle it... Any of it... I can't lose you, Y/N"
I paused and wiped a tear away, sighing heavily.
"Baby" she murmured, "I'm right here... and you're never, ever going to lose me again. I swear to you, you will never lose me again."
I smiled half-heartedly and kissed her. I'd kissed her multiple times before but this kiss was different. Even more heartfelt than the ones we'd shared before. As though if we ever stopped we'd lose each other forever. Even when she pulled away, she rested her chin on my shoulder and kissed it repeatedly. I chuckled as her lips tickled my skin from my shoulder to my collar bone. I moved her face to she was looking at me.
"I love you so so much" I stated.
She smiled, blushing. "I love you too Newt"