.:SEVENTEEN:.

~Jordan's P.O.V.~

"Nothing. I'm just really glad you're alive." I smiled, trying to set my best friend's concerns at ease. She looked at me suspiciously, before turning to Logan and wrapping him up in a hug.

"Thank you for being here." She whispered to him, kissing his cheek. Something inside me broke, but I didn't blame her. I've already done plenty of damage to her, as Logan so kindly pointed out. After we found (Y/N), got her body off the pole, and used literally whatever to escape into the desert, Logan and I had a little chat.

"You need to leave." He said, glaring down at me. (Y/N)'s body lay off to my side, feeding off of my own energy while I desperately tried to keep her brain alive.

"I-what?" I was so shocked, and that showed when (Y/N)'s heart skipped a beat. "What do you mean I need to leave?"

"(Y/N) needs a break from all this craziness and I think its best that you be the one to go," Logan said as I focused on keeping (Y/N) alive.

"Oh, you mean I have to go so you can stay with her? I don't think that's very fair, sir."

"Hey! I'm only saying you should go because she still doesn't know you're mutant! At least she knows I'm a mutant! I can help her be herself! You can't because you'd flat out lie!"

I was offended, but he had a point. I could already see (Y/N) having doubts about being a mutant and asking why she was who she is. I wouldn't be able to help her even if I was a mutant because I couldn't tell her. I wouldn't be able to tell her that it was okay and that she was made that way for a reason, because she'd get mad and then soon figure me out. I couldn't do that to her.

"(Y/N), I have to leave," I say.

(Y/N) let go of Logan and then looked at me with such hurt in her eyes, I didn't know if I could continue telling her why I had to go.

"Why?" She asked.

"I just have to. It's important to yours, mine, and Logan's safety. I'll just be gone for a few months. Maybe two, but it's okay 'cuz I'll be back."

"No! You're not leaving! You can't! I need you!" (Y/N) began to crawl over to me.

I pushed away from her and stood up, stepping back. This hurt so much. Every step I took made my heart  break. Just watching (Y/N) begin to cry made me angry at everything. I was angry at Logan for making me leave. I was mad at (Y/N) for being an old ass mutant and meeting me. I was angry at my parents for hating me.I was angry at myself for agreeing to leave. I was angry at myself...

"I'm sorry (Y/N), I have to go. I wish I could explain it to you," I say, choking on tears.

"NO! I WON'T ALLOW IT!" (Y/N) stood up and went to hug me. 

I tensed up.

"I'M A MUTANT, (Y/N)!"

Time froze. It was like everyone was super glued together and they all stared at me. I could hear everyone's heart beats and they're last thoughts echoed in my head like a broken record. The whispers of names and the screams of the defiant. They all just seemed to overwhelm me. I've never felt this way before. I felt exposed, scared, alone, and worthless. I didn't feel happy. I didn't want to smile...

Where did I go?

I watched as (Y/N)'s face slowly turned into the angriest and most confused I had ever seen it be as time started to catch up with me. She stopped herself from coming any closer to me and she hugged herself.

"What?"

"I'm...a mutant," I say defeated. "I have been every since the start of our friendship."

(Y/N) stepped back. She looked more hurt than ever.

"Wh-what can you do?"

I sighed and reached out my hand, (Y/N) retracted away from it but after I reassured her that it was okay, she placed her hand in mine.

I pushed my memories of (Y/N) and I's times together and all the memories I had of when I became a mutant. I watched as her eyes darted around, watching the invisible movie I displayed for her in her brain. 

When I was done, (Y/N) pulled away from me and hugged her hand. 

"Why would you lie to me?" 

"I didn't lie! I...I just couldn't bring myself to tell you. I was too afraid you'd think of me differently," I confess.

"How would I think of you differently?! I'm a mutant who grows two sharp as blades out of her hands! What you can do? I would've thought it was wonderful and I would've done so much more fun things. We could've traveled the world!" (Y/N) paused and tears streamed down her face. "WHY WOULD YOU LIE TO ME?!"

"I'm sorry..."

"WHY?!"

"I-"

Logan interrupted by holding (Y/N) down. Logan gave me a look as (Y/N) buried her face in his chest. I few of my own tears fell as I nodded and turned around, walking away. My stomach churned as I started to run away from my only family left.

~~~~~

I had been running for a while and I finally made it out of the desert and into a large park with large trees. It had begun to rain and all I had was a small park bench to sit on and a small tree to partially protect me from the rain. 

As I sat there on the park bench, I thought of what I was going to do for the next few months. Where was I going to go? Where was I going to hide? Who am I going to pretend to be?

And as I sat there, the rain beating down on my head and neck, everything just started to overwhelm me again and I didn't feel like living anymore.

"What did I even do to deserve this?" I say to myself and any animal who dared to stalk me.