.:THIRTEEN:.

~Jordan's P.O.V.~

"Jordan! I found her!" Logan called, ceasing my frantic pacing. I whirled around, taking in the sight of the bloodied pair.

"(Y/N)!" I shouted, springing forward to crush her in a death hug. "Never never never never never never do that again. I nearly had a heart attack and Logan looked like a giant, hairy lost puppy until he decided to go find you."

"I did not!" Logan protested.

I pushed his face away with one hand, still hugging (Y/N). "Oh hush, yes you were."

(Y/N) giggled slightly, before wriggling out of my grasp to look me in the eyes. "I'm sorry, Jordan. When I got up this morning I heard a crash coming from one of the houses, so I went to check. It was five robbers who tried to kill me." I squinted my eyes.

"Robbers? That doesn't make any sense. I figured out where we were last night-Bodie, California. This place has been abandoned for more than 150 years."

"Then why is there a pool and vending machine here?" Logan gruffed.

I shrugged. "Not just a pool, there's a motel and McDonalds and a few new houses. My guess is that some genius tried to turn this into a tourist trap, and even got a few people to come here, but something made them leave. But they've been gone for quite awhile."

(Y/N) cocked her head. "That's odd. But why would those robber be here?"

Logan folded his arms, sending off an intimidating glare at the pool. "Maybe they weren't robbers. Maybe they were sent to find us."

"But that doesn't make sense!" (Y/N) protested. "They didn't recognize us and even tried to kill me, then ran away when I got up after the leader shot me!"

That caught my attention. "You were shot?!" I screeched.

(Y/N) flinched from the volume and sent me a guilty look. "...Maybe?" My nostrils flared from anger.

"You have to tell me these things, (Y/N)! What if the bullet is still in there?! I know you have that weird healing power but it could cause some problems in the long run!"

My best friend winced. "Jordan, could you let go?"

My right hand was clamped around the upper part of her arm, tightening slowly during my rant. If she was a normal human, it would leave a bruise. I narrowed my eyes. "First I need to get you cleaned up and checked over, no arguments."

(Y/N) hung her head, accepting her fate, but Logan apparently didn't agree. He caught my arm and peeled my fingers off (Y/N), then basically held my hand in a crushing grip. He glared, too. That was fun.

"Who are you to talk to her like that?" He growled.

I snarled back. "Her best friend, her sister, her doctor, and her Waifu. I know (Y/N). You don't. Not like I do."

"She has healing powers! She'll be fine!" Logan squeezed my hand tighter, and I'm pretty sure I felt a small crack.

"WELL LAST TIME SHE NEARLY DIED!" I screamed. From pain or frustration, I don't know. "YOU MAY BE HER LOVER, BUT I WAS THERE WHEN SHE NEARLY DIED AND I DON'T WANT IT TO HAPPEN AGAIN!"

Logan released me from shock, and I cradled my injured hand. Yup, I think he broke some fingers.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

"Jordan!" (Y/N) cried, leaping forward to examine my phalanges.

"I'm fine." I grit out, pulling my hand back and glaring at Logan. "I still need to check the bullet wound and clean you up."

(Y/N) helped me gather supplies from the surrounding area, including a meager first aid kit hidden under the lifeguard's perch. First I stabilized my three broke fingers and popped back in my pinkie knuckle, since Logan had dislocated it. I let (Y/N) wrap my hand up before cleaning all extra blood off herself in the pool. Logan stared at us the entire time, and didn't even look away when she stripped.

When she was out and dry-I had to find her a new shirt to wear-I set her bloodied clothes in a pot of freezing cold water, determined to clean them later. Then I set about examining the back and front of her head-the places she tells me the bullet went through.

Since it was close range, the holes haven't completely healed over yet, so I took the opportunity to prod for a bullet, and when I found none-thankfully-I disinfected the areas heavily and put small bandaids on the front hole to help the healing go faster.

"There." I sighed, sitting back on the opposite pool chair. "No bullet and it seems no lasting brain damage. You should be okay." I closed my eyes, exhausted by this morning's events and how little sleep I got last night.

"Um, Jordan?" (Y/N) asked. "I need to show you something." Snapping my eyes open again, my worry rose to the surface in a millisecond.

"What's wrong? What happened? Wh-oh." (Y/N) had unsheathed her claws, presenting them to me. Instead of bone, though, they were a solid chrome.

"What. The. Hell." I peered at them, turning her hands over before tapping the tip of one with my finger. A drop of blood welled up, and I wiped it away. "Damn those are sharp! How'd they become metal?"

(Y/N) shrugged. "I think it has something to do with the experiment."

"Hmmm, maybe." She re-sheathed her claws, then looked at the position of the sun overhead.

"What time do you think it is?"

"Around ten in the morning." I yawned, trying to put the first aid stuff away.

"How'd you know that?" Logan finally spoke. He still had an angry look in his eyes, but this time it wasn't really directed at me.

I stared at him for a second before shrugging. "M'parents were in the military. They taught me a whole shitload of "useful" crap. Anyways, we should rest for a few more hours, wait until evening to travel."

Logan huffed, but assisted me in cleaning up the campsite while (Y/N) took over the job of scrubbing her clothes in the cold water. After about an hour of work, we had a new fire going, (Y/N)'s clothes were drying again with minimal stains, and I was curled up next to my bag of Skittles, trying to take my mind off the pain in my hand by munching on them slowly. My makeshift spear was nearby, gleaming.

"(Y/N)?" Logan asked, softly enough but I could still hear him. "What was Jordan talking about earlier? About you almost dying?"

(Y/N) sighed, and I heard a movement of fabric; she probably turned to face him.

"Well..."

——_——

Hey-o! It's CrescentMoon5 here! Mello is currently unavailable, so I will be taking over the next chapter or two. Hope y'all can forgive the change in writing styles!

Please remember to vote, comment and*coughfollowMellocough* bear with us!

Question:

Who's your favorite Marvel character?