"You were named after the demon Azazil. Your father gave you that name. I don't know how or why you have Demon blood in you, Ath–Haze– whatever you want to be called. I wish I did, but not your mother nor your father had a drop in them."

So Daniel wasn't a Naphalem. So am I not his daughter?

"So where did the name Athena come from?"

Magnus sighed. He seemed to be doing that a lot lately. "It's just a random name those Vampires chose for you. Athena, I need you to listen to me. You cannot tell anyone else about this."

My head snapped up so I could look him in the eye. "What? Why n–"

"Maryce is already wary of you."

"She hates me." I muttered, standing up to stretch. I smelled like ass.

Not that I know what that smells like.

"Yeah, that's not any better. What do you think she'll do if she finds out you have demon blood in you?"

Twisting my hair into a bun that probably looked like a brown mop atop my head. "It can't be any worse than what she wants to do already. I'm actually surprised she hasn't kicked me to the curb already."

When Magnus didn't respond, I raised my head to look at his face only to find his eyes darting around the room as he blew out a heavy breath. "Erm... Athena... Why do you think you're here?"

I felt the blood drain from my face, and my arms fell back to my sides. "She sacked me?"

Magnus shot me a vexed look. "This is serious."

"Says the man drinking a margarita at...what time is it?"

"Nine in the morning."

"Exactly my point."

His expressed sobered as he stared down at me. "You don't have to pretend you're okay with it Athena."

I shrugged, casting my gaze down as I began to pick at my nails. "Did anyone try to stop her? From banishing me or whatever?"

He didn't answer, but that was all I needed.

"How long can I stay here?"

Magnus shrugged. "You can't be here too long. I don't need Valentine or Daniel coming after me in search of you."

I nodded, trying not to get too butt-hurt at his words. Where the fuck was I going to once Magnus kicked me out?

"And Athena, don't think that those Shadowhunters of yours have no feelings left for you. You terrified them with your last little...performance. They just need sometime to think."

I nodded, not really hearing what he was saying. My mind was on a completely different train at the moment– on tracks that lead to my father.

I was going to find him. I was going to get some answers after all this time.

And then I was going to kill him and make him pay for everything he'd done.

OKAY SO I KNOW IT'S BEEN LIKE 58376382826 YEARS BUTTTTTTTTTT, I'm really struggling with school and that obviously came first

Anyway, PLEASE SEND FEEDBACK on what the heck you'd like to see done with this book in the future. I need some plot ideas here guys.

AND I JUST REALISED THIS MORNING THAT HELL'S ANGEL IS #2 IN SHADOWNHUNTERS AND I'M KINDA FREAKING OUT SO THANK YOU FOR EVERYONE'S SUPPORT

so now updates will be much more frequent.

okay but please comment on what you think of this chapter!!!

~Leeanna <3