XX

Daniel Westchester was the first thing that popped in my mind, and I didn't second guess it. I couldn't contain the scream of frustration that left my mouth as I threw the phone at the wall.

Damnit, damnit, damnit

Of course, of course something bad would happen! All I wanted was to have a little fun, but there were always consequences. And now Elias was in danger. Without even thinking, my fist collided with the wall, putting a decent sized hole threw it.

Why? Why couldn't I just live a normal life where I didn't have two psychopaths after me? I should be worrying about my grades or if the boy I like is going to ask me out like every other normal, teen girl my age. Not pushing people away because I already know they're going to get hurt if they get too close to me.

"UGH!" I yelled, staring up at the ceiling. Instantly, the lights burned out and I could hear glass shattering in the glass holding the lightbulbs.

A sense of relief immediately flooded through me at the sound. I needed to break something. I needed to destroy something. Glancing at the note that Jace had wrote to me yesterday when Alec had delivered me the omelet, I willed it to go up in flames. It floated up in the air before it caught fire and fell to the floor as a pile of ash.

A sinister smile spread across my face at the sensation I got from using whatever power I had, but one glance in the mirror, and my face fell along with the unnatural color in my eyes, pulling me out of reverie. I couldn't let whatever was inside of me take control. It was too dangerous.

With a few brushes through my hair, I left the comfort of my room, heading downstairs to the kitchen. I stopped in my tracks when I saw everyone there, and I mean everyone– Izzy, Alec, their mother, Clary, Elias, and...Jace.

All of them gave me weary glances as I walked through the doorway. Maryse left immediately which I was quite thankful for, but the rest of them just stared at me.

After two minutes of very awkward silence, I snapped. "What?"

I made sure to avoid eye contact with both Jace and Clary as I walked around to the coffee pot.

"We heard you scream." Izzy explained, hesitantly.

"Are you alr–"

"I'm fine." I cut Alec off, taking the coffee mug that Elias was holding out for me.

"Thea..." Izzy tried again.

I scowled, turning around to face her, my coffee in my hand. "Drop it, Izzy. I said I'm fine."

So much for 'ready to be social.'

"Thea, you can talk to us." I had to hold back from pouring my coffee all over Clary's hand when she put her hand on my shoulder.

I stared down at her and immediately scolded myself for even thinking like that. I had no right to be mad at her; she did nothing wrong.

"I know. It's just– well you're girls." I gestured to both the redhead and Izzy. "You know... sometimes we just... explode and have to let it all out."

Both girls only smiled and rolled their eyes, but glancing at the boys– Jace not included– I could tell they didn't look very convinced at all.