Chapter Twenty-Four

Jared~

Diana at the party last night was not the Diana that I fell for. I would think that she would have acted differently considering what had happened to her just a couple days ago. She shouldn't be acting that way at a party. She got raped for fucks sake.

I couldn't let her just throw her life away because she got raped and wanted to forget about it by doing drugs and getting drunk at every high school party she goes to. How did she even get the drugs? I know that I gave her some, but I thought she could handle it. I never thought that maybe she would become an addict...

Well maybe I should have known better. I shouldn't have given Diana, the most innocent girl, any drugs at all. If I really even cared about her, I wouldn't have done that to her, I wouldn't have even let her have any. I knew what they did to me last year, yet I still let it happen. She'll never be the same again. And it was all because of me.

I couldn't help but hate myself.

I sat up in my bed with a little more of these thoughts on my mind when I heard Matt knock on my door, "Bro, time to get up."

I rolled over and tried to act like I was asleep again, but Matt being Matt, he barged in and pulled me out of bed. "Get the fuck up, you need to help me clean."

"Man, get off of me. I have a killer headache." I attempt to punch him in the gut but I miss terribly.

"Well I know it wasn't from all the beers you didn't drink. What is on your mind?" He says letting me go, I ended up flopping onto the floor and I have to look up at him.

"Just shit with Diana. It's messing me up, man." I say glancing down at my feet. The floor seems to look a lot more interesting....

"Crap, is she one of those annoying chicks?" He inquired, while sitting down on my bed.

"No, you asshole! It's fucking complicated." I say getting up and putting some clothes on to leave his god damn house.

I start walking to the door when he yells, "You need to help me you asshole!" 

"Oh shut up you selfish prick! I need to go find her before something happens to her." I yell when I slam before I shut the door to my car.

 I've called Diana about ten times before I decided to go to her house. That's the only other place I can think that she would be.

I quickly turn off my car and walk up to her front door.

Before I can even knock, I hear yelling and the door rips open, just the girl I was looking for. She doesn't notice me though, she yells something that I can't understand behind her back, she bumps into me.

"Jared, what the hell are you doing here?" She looks up at me with angry eyes.

"I came to look for you." I try to rub her arms to calm her down a little bit. She shrugs me off.

"Jared, just go away. Today is not a good day." She mumbles and shakes her hands, almost like she's trying to shake the touch of me off of her body. I hear pills in a bottle scraping against the plastic.

"Diana, What's in you hand?" I interrogate her.

"It's-it's j-just advil, Ja-Jared. C-Calm down-n. Yo-u're givin-g me a headache." She stutters, almost as if she doesn't understand the human language.

 "Why are you stumbling over your words? Diana, what's wrong with you?" I grab her by the shoulders.

"N-nothing is wrong with me! Why does every-everyone keep as-asking me if something is wr-wrong with me? Nothing is wrong with me! N-nothing! Just l-leave me the f-fuck alone! I can't d-deal with th-this anymore! Ugh just go-o a-away and l-let me be!" She trashes, trying to wiggle out of my grip.

"Diana, give me the god damn bottle of pills." I try to grasp the bottle out of her hands.

"N-no! They help m-me forget! Stop! Don't do it! They are my o-only fr-friends!" She screams, trying to keep the bottle out of reach.

I grab the bottle and open it, "What the hell, Diana! You can't be taking these! What were you thinking? This won't help you! It'll make everything so much worse!"

"It h-helps numb the pain." She whimpers, putting her head in her hands, her body shaking while she sobs, slowly sitting down on the front porch

I sit down next to her and hug her, trying to make her stop shaking, just to make her stop sobbing, "It's okay, Diana. It's okay." I run my fingers through her hair and she buries her head into my chest.

"It's not okay. Nothing is okay anymore." She starts crying harder.

"Shh, shhh. I've got you, Diana. You'll be fine, I'm here. I'm here." I kiss her hair, trying to help her.  

Her father walks out, and I look up at him, begging him not to say anything. He understands and walks back inside.

What the hell am I supposed to do with this broken girl huddled in my arms, begging for protection.

"Jared. Jared." She sniffles.

"Yes, Diana?" I kiss her forehead.

"I'm moving." She hides her face back in my chest.

What?!

"What?" I kiss the top of her head, rubbing her back. "Where are you moving?"

"I don't know. I stopped listening to him." She mumbles, playing with the collar of my shirt.

"Baby, I don't want you to go away. I can't let you leave." I mumble kissing her temple.

"I don't want to go. I want to stay here with you." She mumbles, kissing the base of my throat.

"I want you to stay with me too." I lean down and whisper in her ear.

She looks up at me and smiles, and I lean down to kiss her nose. "Diana Evans, I think I'm in love with you." 

She pulls me in for a kiss, "I think I'm in love with you too."

 A/N: 

Hey guys! Don't forget to vote, comment, and share!!!! Sorry for such the slow updating :( We are trying our best and the story will be wrapped up in a couple more chapters, so sit tight! and in the mean time, read more of the story's on our page!

love Ciarra & Emily